Max Holloway's strength and clinch breaks

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone else surprised by this? I thought Volk in the clinch could outmuscle Max in spots but anytime he tried Max almost immediately broke that shit off, stiff armed or threw a forearm post and disengaged. Volk manhandled and threw around dudes like Elkins, Chad and Aldo in the clinch and u wouldn't expect someone of Max's build to be so strong in those positions

max has one of the best takedown defense in the game, would have loved to see him fight khabib at ufc 223

Height is of upmost importance in non-wrestling rules clinching. So MMA, bare knuckle boxing, muay thai, etc.

Anyone else surprised by this? I thought Volk in the clinch could outmuscle Max in spots but anytime he tried Max almost immediately broke that shit off, stiff armed or threw a forearm post and disengaged. Volk manhandled and threw around dudes like Elkins, Chad and Aldo in the clinch and u wouldn't expect someone of Max's build to be so strong in those positions
Leverage advantage .

lol if he has trouble with Poirier's power what do you think would have happened with him and Khabib?
khabib has less strength then poirier, poirier said it, khabib admitted it too. Power wouldnt be a factor, the technical aspect of khabib's takedowns is the main concerns

Height gave him leverage with that forearm post. Max has been good with it in past fights. I don't think it's strength, but correct positioning.

Yeah, but I'm not sure how dedicated volkanovski was there. In the post presser, volk said if he wanted to mix grappling in more he could of, but who knows really. I definitely thought he'd get at least one takedown.

Back