Colby didn't stand a chance

Dacha

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
After a fight i realised Colby didn't stand a chance.

What turned out into a boxing match, poor jab and no inside game shut down all Colby chances.

Feel sorry for the guy, cause he showed a lots of heart, but didn't have a tools to do it.

Usman did his usual thing minus wrestling.

100%.

Woodleys going to face Colby and beat him then Colby will either head to Bellator or will be traded off to ONE for Demetrius Johnson

He was winning on one scorecard. A lot of people had it 2-2 and he was arguably winning the first few minutes of R5 until he got rocked.

It was a close fight, mate. I'd say he had a better chance than I'd given him!

He was winning on one scorecard. A lot of people had it 2-2 and he was arguably winning the first few minutes of R5 until he got rocked.

It was a close fight, mate. I'd say he had a better chance than I'd given him!

Yeah although I also came out of the fight thinking he might have been a bit lucky to get that far?

The main impression to me seemed to be that Colby wasn't really a finishing threat to Usman, he caught him several times off balance with good shots but Usman never looked THAt badly hurt and Colby didn't look like he had the threat to follow up. When Colby was finally hurt though Usman instantly looked like a massive finishing threat.

My guess would be if a rematch happens at some point Usman might show less respect.

The main impression to me seemed to be that Colby wasn't really a finishing threat to Usman, he caught him several times off balance with good shots but Usman never looked THAt badly hurt and Colby didn't look like he had the threat to follow up.

Quoted because I think you've just managed to articulate what I've been feeling about the fight.

If Colby were to go on and win it, I feel like any Colby supporter would have been clock watching from the start of the 5th. It feels like he was hanging in there, sneaking a few rounds but ultimately, as you said, never threatened to finish Usman.

Colby was hoping he pulls through and wins a decision, which would be nice. But 8 or 9 time out of 10 he would get stopped, because of inferior boxing.

He's tough but he was outgunned, if he doesnt have his wrestling he falls back on his trash standup. High output but terrible technique and completely devoid of power.

Not a huge fan of usman either (other than tonight LOL) but he can crack despite his KO %. Cobly would have to outpace him but his jaw couldn't take it, must of warn it out with all that yappin he's been doing.

He was arguably 1 minute from winning a decision... I think he stood a chance

02f01e38-1f0b-11ea-8971-922fdc94075f_image_hires_153536.jpg

Feel sorry for the guy, cause he showed a lots of heart, but didn't have a tools to do it.

Usman too showed heart, his heart ended up being bigger than Colby’s.

I'm a massive Usman fan, but y'all need to stop these overreactions. Colby is the second best Welterweight in the world and will beat everyone in the WW division, especially Jorge

I’m glad Colby Cheese lost this fight and I hope he losses his next fight as well. His trash talking was insulting not humorous. He’s a good fighter but needs to evolve if he wants to be a true Champion. Insulting Countries and people just to be an A$s h0l& is bush league.
Chael was funny when he did it. His insults were directed at fighters.

Aside from the early stoppage, Covington almost took the fight to a close decision. Not sure how that is “not standing a chance”.

I do agree that Covingtons game plan was questionable though. Usman had a power and reach advantage, so it was a bad idea for Covington to box him the whole fight.

Dana probably offered them both money to not shoot for any takedowns.

I’m glad Colby Cheese lost this fight and I hope he losses his next fight as well. His trash talking was insulting not humorous. He’s a good fighter but needs to evolve if he wants to be a true Champion. Insulting Countries and people just to be an A$s h0l& is bush league.
Chael was funny when he did it. His insults were directed at fighters.

I don't tend to bother with the out of ring/cage stuff much but just on the night I was glad Usman won. Two guys known for decision fighting but Usman came looking to be aggressive and finish IMHO were as Colby came looking for a decision, he did throw with some power as well of course but never looked like he was hungery for the finish.

Last edited:
I love this if we only had a crystal ball paralysis by analysis stuff. Relatively close fight, anyone who states they were not entertained is lying. It was tense. True dislike, not for show or ppv buy gimmick.
Colby had some solid moments ; Usman just had more.

the alleged 'jaw breaker' was obviously the turning point. Colby showed tremendous toughness. Usman was grabbing momentum as the fight went on. Colby though was winning the 5th until Usman went full throttle. I'm sure many will disagree, yet I think Usman wasn't totally sure if he was truly ahead on the cards.
Impressed more with Usman - tough, serious power, speed, very good stand up.
I think Colby appeared to take rd 3 off initially and then he was just getting beat up. Perhaps he wanted to pace himself for 4 and 5.
I agree with Rogan, likely 2-2 headed to the 5th.
Rd 2 and 4 very very close. subjective opinion of course. Usman though never really in trouble and going into the 5th, Colby fans will just need to be honest and admit that for him to have any hope, he would have needed to clearly and convincingly win the 5th.
Usman looked quite fresh all night. Colby's bloodied and bruised face might have really boosted Usman's confidence.

stat of the fight: no take down attempts (or maybe there was 1 half hearted), Zero take downs.
2 expert wrestlers.

I see these 2 fighting again sometime.
Great fight by Usman.
Colby? for the love of God, please stop taking his mediocre gimmick so personally. He's just trying to make some money in the VERY short shelf life elite fighters have.

Corey would had won if he didn't think that his jaw was hanging off.

Back