Max Is Not An All Time Great

Dbreiden83080

Andle My Riddum
@Titanium
Reaction score
Max is just not what people thought he was. He doesn’t have punching power. And he doesn’t really have grappling ability. His whole game is based on being tall, and long, and wearing you down with pace.. When that doesn’t work he has no Plan B. After the Dustin Fight people made a lot of excuses for him. Well there are no excuses tonight. This is his weight class. And he lost pretty convincingly again.

I can understand going at Colby after he lost but MAN it's like some of ya'll been WAITING to write Max off and everything he's accomplished like he did something wrong.

Kicking a good guy like Max while he's down, and calling him a bum.

Typical Classy Sherdog lol.

I never bought into him as a goat. It always seemed like Rogan talking him up to sell pay per views.

Max is a great fighter but he did get badly exposed by Alex with his inability to check leg kicks.

Also Max is showing early signs of CTE or just grand delusion with his post fight speech.

I cannot jump on board after this take. Guy dominated the division for a few years.

You should write for like Bloody Elbow er sumthin

I can understand going at Colby after he lost but MAN it's like some of ya'll been WAITING to write Max off and everything he's accomplished like he did something wrong.

Kicking a good guy like Max while he's down, and calling him a bum.

Typical Classy Sherdog lol.

It’s not really about writing him off it’s about calling it for what it is. He’s a very good fighter. But he is incredibly overrated. The losses in his career prove it to be true. We are not talking about one defeat. He has several. He is not a diverse fighter.

He is not the all time GOAT. That still goes to Aldo, but Max is like top 3. (FW)

Max is definitely one of the greats, but calling him the FW GOAT is bullshit all on Rogan’s part. Aldo was king of that division for a decade - he is for sure number one if we really need to have that talk.

It’s not really about writing him off it’s about calling it for what it is. He’s a very good fighter. But he is incredibly overrated. The losses in his career prove it to be true. We are not talking about one defeat. He has several. He is not a diverse fighter.

other fighters with several losses:
Randy Couture
Jose Aldo
BJ Penn
Fedor
Anderson Silva
Chuck Liddell
Robbie Lawler

Yeah all those dudes suck. And its not like each fighter has a unique style or anything and good ones only fight like GSP or Mighty Mouse.

youre retarded

Yup I agree. People have been over rating him since Ortega

I do think he's better than what he showed tonight though

Even Dustin he was able to win two rounds and pressure with his style

Max is awesome but Rogan has been kind of embarrassing prematurely calling him the GOAT 145er, as has every other overexcited premature eGOATulator when it came to Max

Even with the victories over Aldo, Max only compiled 3 defenses vs Aldo's 9

It's clearly a whole different world when you're the champ, when every other eye in the division is on you, every opposing coach studying you, your life lived with a target on your back

That's exactly why, as Max and many other fighters have pointed out, defenses >>> regular wins

Last edited:
other fighters with several losses:
Randy Couture
Jose Aldo
BJ Penn
Fedor
Anderson Silva
Chuck Liddell
Robbie Lawler

Yeah all those dudes suck. And its not like each fighter has a unique style or anything and good ones only fight like GSP or Mighty Mouse.

youre retarded

He is 28 years old. And unless he makes some incredible leaps and bounds improvements he is going fucking nowhere. If you can’t see that you’re dumb as fuck. He got his ass kicked by a goddamn midget tonight. He had 6 inches on this dude. Six fucking inches. His whole game is to be long and play the cardio game by being long and active. He got his ass kicked.

Bro, the only one who was going around saying he was the FW goat was dumb ass Rogan, who gets paid to hype up fighters. It's his job.

Beating an out of prime Aldo is still awesome, but you don't just take the man's legacy because you beat him. He had a good streak before that, but he didn't do what Aldo did.

Aldo - 9 title defenses

Holloway - 3 title defenses

Back