Did Colby/Usman get paid extra to kickbox only?

Coolkid666

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
My jaw is still on the floor (kinda like Colby's) that there was no grappling at all.

My stoner theory is...

That they got paid another 500k flat bonus to kickbox only in fears of it being a boring grapple fest as predicted.

And it was far from boring so pay up, Dana the Tomato

I can think of far fewer wrestler vs wrestler matches that go to the mat than I can ones that turn into kickboxing matches.

Or maybe they wanted to just fight each other...because it’s a fight...

Snoozeman was scared of Colby's D'arce and Colby is just naturally a striker.

My jaw is still on the floor (kinda like Colby's) that there was no grappling at all.

My stoner theory is...

That they got paid another 500k flat bonus to kickbox only in fears of it being a boring grapple fest as predicted.

And it was far from boring so pay up, Dana the Tomato
I think it was fear of gassing out. Neither dude was going away unless put away. And....

Colby knew he would have zero success wrestling with a bigger, better wrestler

Usman kept it standing because he wanted to knock Colby out

lol 500K?

Be real, Dana prob said there's an extra 60K in it for both of you if you don't make it a snoozefest.

If both wrestlers are somewhat equal it isn't worth it to expend all that energy taking your opponent down and even if you do then likely have them pop right back to their feet. Remember Cain vs Brock. Hence why it turned into a 5 round kickboxing match as neither wanted to risk being tired.

I guess I am alone in thinking that this is how the fight would play out. I figured the wrestling cancels each other out and they'd throw the whole time at an insane pace. And boy did it deliver.

Kinda like Islam Makhachev vs Davi Ramos, at first they kept the fight on the feet, too risky to underestimate your opponent ground game.

Kinda what I expected\not surprised that it stayed om the feet.
Two good wrestlers. Nullify so don't even try.

Back