I Am Glad Usman Won. However, I Was Not Impressed With His Performance.

Doctor Lenovo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He made Colby Covington look like a high pedigree striker. Usman needs to fix his striking. A more powerful striker could have KO'd him.

He got a good set of chin on him even doe colby got pillow hands he was getting tagged and rocked with that lead hook from colby repeatedly.

If masvidal develop tdd he would give usman trouble.

You are right to be unimpressed, however Colby is the only guy he'll ever fight like that (and I don't think he had to). I think he dominates everyone else the same way he dominated RDA and Woodley. I do not see him losing while he is in his prime.

Both of their striking did not look impressive, especially their striking defense.

An MMA first: two grapplers have a shitty stand up fight.

So Colby outstrikes Lawler by a LARGE margin and then proceeds to get his jaw broken and then stopped by a pure wrestler....

And Usman looks unimpressive.

Yeah makes sense....

A good striker with power that can neutralize his wrestling puts Usman in a world of trouble.

He made Colby Covington look like a high pedigree striker. Usman needs to fix his striking. A more powerful striker could have KO'd him.
Kind of the point. Why dodge pitty pat strikes when you can Tee off on his face with no fear of getting damaged whatsoever?

He obviously has a big wrestling advantage over most others, but you are right: a harder hitter with good TDD would have KOd Usman. He took a lot of damage.

So Colby outstrikes Lawler by a LARGE margin and then proceeds to get his jaw broken and then stopped by a pure wrestler....

Yeah makes sense....

He was looking at the actual technique, not just the result. If you failed to see that Usman was uncomfortable on his feet (especially in the early rounds) and had very flawed fundamentals then you're just extremely ignorant about striking and don't know the first thing.

Yeah makes sense....
I have never been impressed with Robert Lawler. So, your point doesn't resonate with me.

Yeah makes sense....
I have never been impressed with Robert Lawler. So, your point doesn't resonate with me.

You're not impressed, he broke the racist fukkers jaw. He's forced the lowlife to run from the ring like a complete coward.
A broken jaw, now that's good, a broken jaw on a motor mouth racist, now that's impressive. ha ha

Good wrestlers can overachieve with their striking, this has always happened.

Back