Should Aldo stay at 35 or go back up to 45?

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
He has a new lease of life at 35 and put in a solid performance for his first fight in the division. He’s fighting differently and pushed a good pace but he looks quite slow. Will watch the fight again before offering my opinion. Thoughts?

He won't be champ at either weight, so it's best for him to cut as little weight as possible but the top lightweights would put him in a coma at this point. So featherweight and then maybe chase a Conrad fight once he loses to journeyman cowboy.

I thought he looked great.

Just needed to apply a little more pressure imo.

Looked like he had Moraes close to gassing but just never quite tightened the screws.

He won't be champ at either weight, so it's best for him to cut as little weight as possible but the top lightweights would put him in a coma at this point. So featherweight and then maybe chase a Conrad fight once he loses to journeyman cowboy.
Yeah I don’t see him being champ again. I wouldn’t be adverse to him giving 135 another shot. I think he needs to have a real purpose if he sticks around. He can’t take being just a top 5 guy.

He should stay at 135, just arguably beat the top contender at 135. He could certainly be champion there.

I thought he looked great.

Just needed to apply a little more pressure imo.

Looked like he had Moraes close to gassing but just never quite tightened the screws.
If he put it together in the third he would have won decisively.

It was funny how Rogan was quick to “correct” Moraes when he said that Also had so much energy. Aldo looked jacked.

Conner had Aldo beat mentally before their first fight. After that KO, it's not going to be any different if they fight again. Aldo would need to build up a lot of confidence by going through a tare, before fighting Conner again.

He has a new lease of life at 35 and put in a solid performance for his first fight in the division. He’s fighting differently and pushed a good pace but he looks quite slow. Will watch the fight again before offering my opinion. Thoughts?
He looked really good at 35. The best he’s looked in a long time. He should stay.

yes aldo should stay there i feel his power really transfers to 135 stylewise it suits him being in smaller weight class

45 is over for him. He should see how 35 plays out. I doubt he wins a belt at either weight but him and Faber both lost tonight. I see an easy win in his future

He looked really good at 35. The best he’s looked in a long time. He should stay.
Exceeded most people’s expectations but I think he looked good in both fights vs Holloway, and following those fights he had two stoppage wins. I think I just have to accept that he is going to be fighting differently at 35. He doesn’t seem that scary now. Moraes certainly seemed a bit hesitant though.

Back