Why do they go by shorts color?

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It's dumb as hell if you ask me, gets confusing. There's always a red corner and blue corner, 1 guy has red tape and the other blue on their gloves... Why not go by that? Sometimes they have extremely similar colored shorts.

Yeah id rather them say, the black guy, vs the white guy, or if its two black guys vs each other the black guy vs the blacker guy, or the bald guy, vs the guy with hair.

What if they are virtually the same person?
Screenshot_2019-12-14-01-19-22.png

Yeah id rather them say, the black guy, vs the white guy, or if its two black guys vs each other the black guy vs the blacker guy, or the bald guy, vs the guy with hair.
Could say dark skin vs light skin, 5 head vs 10 head, manlet vs lanklet etc..

It's dumb as hell if you ask me, gets confusing. There's always a red corner and blue corner, 1 guy has red tape and the other blue on their gloves... Why not go by that? Sometimes they have extremely similar colored shorts.
it goes back to boxing

The tape probably makes more sense but they're partnered with a company who want you to see the logo on the shorts. They want to draw your attention to the latest Reebok cum-splatter designs.

Mma fighter should wear rash guard why are they fighting in underwear?

I find their stupid system of showing what round it is much worse.

What if they are virtually the same person?
View attachment 693057

ClearAptAnemonecrab.gif

Would look up and couldn't tell who was winning
glover-teixeira.jpg

I've been wondering this for a very long time.

What's the point of having a blue corner and red corner if you don't use them for identification beyond the intro? Isn't that the whole point of the tape on the gloves?

There was once a fight between a norwegian guy and an african they looked nothing alike but the comentary was going by the color of the shorts which were pretty similar lol they just didnt want to say the white and the black guy it was hilarious they were trying to describe the shorts in the minimal details

All the sherdoggers are already staring at the fighter's crotch, so it just makes sense.

I find their stupid system of showing what round it is much worse.

The design is awful. Does two grey blocks and a black block mean that two rounds have passed and we're on round three, or that we're on the second round?

It's the latter, but it's not immediately obvious.

The design was even worse when the fighters had to wear either black or white because I could see new viewers wondering what the significance of those block colours is, as if they're signifying the winner of those rounds or something. It's just bad design to draw attention to certain colours and then expect people to understand that there's no significance to those same colours when they're used for something else.

Back