Dutch kickboxing UFC fighters?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Any UFC fighters right now who have Dutch kickboxing background?

Edit:

Besides overeem. I'm talking new generation.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Moose(former)
Saki

Moose is a pretty traditional Dutch style kickboxer

Yes but he is more old school MMA fighter than a modern. But fair enough since he does count.

Isn't he muay thai based?
To be honest, he's the only Dutch fighter I could think of

Yes but he is more old school MMA fighter than a modern. But fair enough since he does count.

Isn't he muay thai based?
Yes he’s listed as Muay Thai based but his actual style is/was quite a Dutch style. Not many fighters are going to be listed as Dutch style kickboxers or refer to themselves as that, but you can see the elements of the Dutch style in their striking.

Yes he’s listed as Muay Thai based but his actual style is/was quite a Dutch style. Not many fighters are going to be listed as Dutch style kickboxers or refer to themselves as that, but you can see the elements of the Dutch style in their striking.

No it ain't his style is chute boxe style muay thai, nothing like dutch kickboxing.

To TS, Gilbert Yvel and Antoni Hardonk were others a few years ago, Jairzinho is Surnamese as are a lot of black dutch guys because its a dutch settlement.

Its a shame Remy Bonjaski never put much into MMA, he would have been fun with a good ground game.

No it ain't his style is chute boxe style muay thai, nothing like dutch kickboxing.

To TS, Gilbert Yvel and Antoni Hardonk were others a few years ago, Jairzinho is Surnamese as are a lot of black dutch guys because its a dutch settlement.
The chute box style is pretty different to an actual Thai style though. Aldo has better boxing than most chute box and Muay Thai stylists, and he moves his head very well and his footwork is good. He punches in combinations and he loves to throw the low kick. He doesn’t use the clinch much (chute box guys loved the clinch, as do fighters with more of a Thai style obviously) and he doesn’t throw many teeps. I’m not saying his style is exclusively Dutch but I certainly think there are elements of the Dutch style in his game. He’s also put in work with Andy Souwer.

I'd throw Joanna in there as well, her style is more dutch than traditional Thai style

Robin Van Roosmalen former glory champion is signed with Bellator he’s 2-0 both TKO wins but hasn’t fought since 2017, not sure if he has any fights coming up, but definitely interesting to see where he goes I believe he has a judo black
Belt as well

Rogan always talks about hardonk being one of the greatest Dutch kickboxers. That's why I started this thread to know if any new UFC fighters have that style.

I'd throw Joanna in there as well, her style is more dutch than traditional Thai style
It's fun seeing this cause it's both. She didn't so much blend the two so much as seamlessly fire off a dutch KB combo, exit to a MT stance and strike from there and will mix that up constantly.

She has only really done this since the Waterson fight. It really is the best example of where her style is going but she totally uses pure Dutch KB combos and did so vs Waterson.

Back