A case of Santiago Ponzinibbio

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
On a 7-0 winning streak since Dec / 10 / 2015 , still without a title fight .
Why ?

Buffer can't pronounce his name

WW division desperately needs good strikers with good TDD but the guy never fights.

Obligatory...

main-qimg-59fc09ff1bde78f39d0477decbe32421

The UFC doesn’t care about fighters who win and don’t talk shit

Screenshot_20191214-141018_Chrome.jpg

These wins dont justify a title shot. They justify a top 7 opponent

Hasn’t beat anyone worth a damn and he pulled out of the biggest fight of his career....Ponzinibbio win streak is like Luque, he’ll get exposed by someone actually elite.

Because he is inactive and gets injured, no need to make a thread, you can look it into Wikipedia

Hasn’t beat anyone worth a damn and he pulled out of the biggest fight of his career....Ponzinibbio win streak is like Luque, he’ll get exposed by someone actually elite.

I'm not sure how Vicente got EXPOSED, he lost to Wonderboy, an awesome striker, in a striking contest.

He literally did way better than Masvidal did vs Wonderboy, was Masvidal EXPOSED? Or did he just lose to the better man that night?

What everyone else said plus

Has 1 fight in last two years

He barely survived platinum Perry

His career isn’t going anywhere

I'm not sure how Vicente got EXPOSED, he lost to Wonderboy, an awesome striker, in a striking contest.

He literally did way better than Masvidal did vs Wonderboy, was Masvidal EXPOSED? Or did he just lose to the better man that night?
Luque most certainly got exposed, he looked like a bum against Thompson, and I don’t think much of Masvidal either.

Luque most certainly got exposed, he looked like a bum against Thompson, and I don’t think much of Masvidal either.

Nobody looks good against wonderboy
He was lighting Pettis up before that 1 shot landed too

All things considered luque did fairly well and showed he has a good future ahead of hiM

2 years from now Thompson will be retired and luque will just be coming into his prime

Eye pokes. Beating someone seconds after gouging their eyes isn't a legitimate win, they were a factor in the Gunnar Nelson and Mike Perry fights, so he's really 5-0-2 in his last 7.

read below

Nobody looks good against wonderboy
He was lighting Pettis up before that 1 shot landed too

All things considered luque did fairly well and showed he has a good future ahead of hiM

2 years from now Thompson will be retired and luque will just be coming into his prime

quoted because this is very accurate.

I hate how everyone thinks just because you aren't the best fighter in a weight class you're a bum or if you lose, you get exposed etc.

Vicente has never been called ELITE, and I've been riding the Luque bandwagon for 2 years now. I still think he's got a future at the top of the division. But he is a good fighter, he's beat good fighters already, he's shown a solid skill-set. He may not be ELITE, but nobody has suggested that much, so hard to say he got exposed when nobody hyped him up to be the best fighter ever.

He turned down 2-3 fights then pulled out of his last one. UFC doesn't take too kindly to that.

Feel like having to explain that all win streaks aren't created equal shouldn't be necessary at this stage.

Was booked to fight Usman. Pulled out
Was booked to fight Lawler. Pulled out

Big fan here. The guy needs a top win over a big name.
Has had incredible bad luck with health issues and injuries. I hope we can see him fight soon. He is 1 or 2 fights away from a TS.

Back