Jason Herzog will referee his first UFC title fight

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Usman vs Covington
- Marc Goddard will serve as the referee for the 170-pound title bout, while Derek Cleary, Sal D’Amato and Eric Colon serve as judges.

Holloway vs Volkanovski
- Jason Herzog get his first UFC title fight referee assignment, with Mike Bell, Junichiro Kamijo and Chris Lee slated as judges.

Nunes vs De Randamie
- Finally the sixth UFC title fight for referee Keith Peterson. The judges will be Dave Hagen, Ron McCarthy and D’Amato.

Thoughts? (And prayers to Dean, is he injured, suspended, retired?)

i hoped i read Werner Herzog.

"you are a coward. kill him."

Just another fight.

He has always been a solid ref, surprised this is his first title fight.

Usman vs Covington
- Marc Goddard will serve as the referee for the 170-pound title bout, while Derek Cleary, Sal D’Amato and Eric Colon serve as judges.

Holloway vs Volkanovski
- Jason Herzog get his first UFC title fight referee assignment, with Mike Bell, Junichiro Kamijo and Chris Lee slated as judges.

Nunes vs De Randamie
- Finally the sixth UFC title fight for referee Keith Peterson. The judges will be Dave Hagen, Ron McCarthy and D’Amato.

Thoughts? (And prayers to Dean, is he injured, suspended, retired?)
I actually think Herb has been slipping in recent years. I think Petersen is the best ref going right now, and Goddard a close second. I know Goddard gets some shit sometimes, but I think he’s a good ref, personally.

He has always been a solid ref, surprised this is his first title fight.

Yeah, I remember that he's been around forever, and I don't remember any major controversies....

Easily one of the best refs in the game.

They're going for most stand ups in a single fight by putting Goddard in there with Usman and Colby

i hoped i read Werner Herzog.

"you are a coward. kill him."
"Fight back, you coward"
160122_sundance8769-1.jpg

Herzog is an excellent ref, I think he should get more Main Events. Def one of the top refs in the business.

Marc Goddar for the humping title fight <DCWhoa>

Remember when he kept breaking Kamaru and Tyron from the clinch and told Kamaru "this is a fight"?

Herzog is a great ref that you don’t often hear fireworks about (aka a good ref )

Peterson is the best ref. I like Herzog too. I can’t stand the amount of early stoppages we get, especially in title fights. I hope we don’t get any tonight.

Back