Mark my words: Cardio will decide this fight

I think they both have incredible cardio, I do agree that Colby should have a slight edge there.

I feel like one of them is going to have their way with grappling, and that will decide it. Not sure which one

Colby's cardio is more tested. He's staying busy on the feet and on the ground while on the ground Usman secures position and gets ground strikes in.

We haven't seen Usman in a fight where he's consistently defending TDs/consistently going for TDs AND consistently striking/defending strikes.

Usman is very good with his takedowns. I can't see him gassing out.

I see their wrestling canceling each other out and the fight turning into a striking match..

Usman by 3rd round ko..

Don't really want to watch a cardio competition. Max/Volk should have been main event.

Usman will fight in his feelings, which will cause him to gas in the later rounds.

A pretty good summation of Colby's overall arsenal

If Usman can take Colby down, Usman probably can won by decision.
But if Colby TDD and volume striking can nullify Usman takedown attempt then I guess the fight can go both ways.
Also like TS said there is a probability that Colby's cardio can melt Usman away.

You keep crossing fingers and depend on Colby's lungz to win this, I'm betting on Usman's desire to finally lay hands on the guy he's been chasing long before the belt, and Colby knows this fact...

I see their wrestling canceling each other out and the fight turning into a striking match..

Usman by 3rd round ko..

I got KO in the 4th thinking Usman wants to drag out the torture get him to break from the beating...

Have we seen Colby sit down on a punch?

What if he does and KO's Usman flat? <45>

Colby slowed down against RDA, Usman could have fought and beat another fresh RDA, they are not the same.

Colby is getting put on his ass.

I can see Usman winning early with takedowns but Colby will force the scramble and make Usman work. Colby wins the later rounds.

Split decision going towards whoever wins the middle rounds.

Colby's cardio is more tested. He's staying busy on the feet and on the ground while on the ground Usman secures position and gets ground strikes in.

We haven't seen Usman in a fight where he's consistently defending TDs/consistently going for TDs AND consistently striking/defending strikes.

He won't have too. He's gonna take Colby down and gnp him to death early.

People shit on his striking because he doesn't have power but he is basically a Diaz bro out there with his constant pressure when striking.

This is true, I'll give him credit for that but then again, it's only because his wrestling is so good. If he didn't have legit wrestling he'd get KO'd fighting light that.

Back