Blaydes, not Miocic, is the only one who has a legitimate shot against Jon

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I get that all the critics will call bullshit, but Jon just said there's a good chance he moves up to HW next year. Whether he does or not remains to be seen, but if he does, Blaydes is his biggest problem.

Nobody in the LHW division is close.

Miocic almost got finished in the first round against Cormier at 241. We've seen what Jon's done to Cormier, so take that for what it's worth. The dude's really well rounded, and competitve with Jon on the feet. Unfortunately for him, Jon won't gas like Cormier, and is way more elusive. He also has imo, a clear advantage on the ground.

Ngannou has a puncher's chance, but I feel like Jon would spend two rounds dodging and leg kicking, only to dominate in later rounds when Francis has run out of juice.

Anyone ranked from JDS downward has very few ways to win.

Blaydes on the other hand is bigger and stronger than Jon, and quite fast for a HW. I think his wrestling is good enough to negate Jon's, and the guy has legitimate striking power. If he can land some clean shots and end up on top of Jones, then the champ is in deep shit imo. The only unknown is his gas tank, but I think he could finish before it becomes an issue.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because people seem to be leaving him out of the discussion when it comes to the heavyweights who could climb Mt. Jones. Anyone think I'm full of shit?

I think ngannou, miocic and blaydes beat jones. If jones really thought he could beat them all he would do it. He knows hes too small for heavyweight.

I get that all the critics will call bullshit, but Jon just said there's a good chance he moves up to HW next year. Whether he does or not remains to be seen, but if he does, Blaydes is his biggest problem.

Miocic almost got finished in the first round against Cormier at 241. We've seen what Jon's done to Cormier, so take that for what it's worth. The dude's really well rounded, and competitve with Jon on the feet. Unfortunately for him, Jon won't gas like Cormier, and is way more elusive. He also has imo, a clear advantage on the ground.

Ngannou has a puncher's chance, but I feel like Jon would spend two rounds dodging and leg kicking, only to dominate in later rounds when Francis has run out of juice.

Blaydes on the other hand is bigger and stronger than Jon, and quite fast for a HW. I think his wrestling is good enough to negate Jon's, and the guy has legitimate striking power. If he can land some clean shots and end up on top of Jones, then the champ is in deep shit imo. The only unknown is his gas tank, but I think he could finish before it becomes an issue.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because people seem to be leaving him out of the discussion when it comes to the heavyweights who could climb Mt. Jones. Anyone think I'm full of shit?
jon, smoke another and go to fucking bed. Trying to subtly set up a Blaydes fight to avoid real competition with your fake account is fucking ridiculous.

You are nothing like your brothers, you're a fucking punk.

The only thing blaydes has that miocic dont is melanin, its just to much much of a dumb statement to say blaydes would do better then miocic because blaydes is basically miocic but bad

Blaydes striking is terrible. Wtf are you talking about. Has he ever kod someone stsnding?

Jones won't move up to HW now that he's been busted twice for PEDs. He'll cruise the no-name LHW division and call out MWs instead.

Nah, think stipes ability to wrestle, box, and dodge and absorb damage while not being physically dwarfed in except for wing span makes that the most intriguing fight Jon could take.

I actually have Blaydes as Jon's worst matchup right now. Bigger, stronger, can't be taken down, will take Jon down. The only way to beat Blaydes is to KO him, and Jon isn't Ngannou. It's the definition of a nightmare matchup and why styles make fights.

That said, I also have Ngannou, Reem and JDS as favorites over Jon based on style. Stipe is 50/50 for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back