USADA to start collecting oral fluids as an additional anti-doping test method.

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

How does this improve anything at all?

Is there anything that is not detectable by urine and blood already, but detectable by saliva?

<{vega}>

How does this improve anything at all?

Is there anything that is not detectable by urine and blood already, but detectable by saliva?

<{vega}>

Maybe in hopes of finding residue from orals?

PVZ gonna test positive for Fili, Garbrandt, Bellator,...

can I collect Val Loureda's sample? I don't need any vials.

I work for a medical lab and we do what appears to be the exact same thing, but for prescription and street drugs. It tends to be not nearly as reliable as blood or urine, though it’s detection window is greater than blood. I don’t know how well it works in regards to PEDs though.

That'll work great at catching the expendables and dangerous pot smokers.

Folks like Juicehead Jones will get a pass indefinitely.

I thought I just read yesterday that they are going to test feces.

Different compounds present with different levels in the various body fluids, and have different half lives. For example in medical testing, salivary cortisol is much more useful than blood, and I believe for testosterone salivary metabolites might be more useful for some situations than blood

The thing with blood is that it's full of binding globulin proteins like albumin that have all kinds of interactions. It's not some pure stream with floating substances in it, it's more like a bodily tissue than a liquid

I'm not an expert on testing for designer steroids I just worked in an endocrinology lab before, so it's possible it won't actually add to their testing, I'm just floating out basic physiology ideas

Next step for USADA

tenor.gif

Jones bout to pop again. Then weasel his way out of a suspension again.

Back