Cageside Indifference

Ken Fresno

Interim Belt
@red
Reaction score
During my nightly 8.5 hour study sessions of old fight footage this week, I've been getting hyped about the return of The Blessed One, and taking a closer look at some past battles.This of course does not detract from nightly revisiting of the reign of the great Prince Naseem Hamed.

Something that really stuck out is something I've noticed a thousand times, but never stopped to examine. A matter of production and spectacle.

The UFC really needs to figure out how to make the crowd look less indifferent cageside.

In boxing you can see every face in the crowd, that fits on the screen. You can see their excitement, their reactions. Even if it's Denzel Washington with the Yankee fitted pulled down or Tom Brady locked in like he's reading a secondary.

In the UFC, you get this:

DesertedCourteousAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

Between all the media members and suits there couldn't be less fucks to give cageside. I mean you know all of us watching at home and everyone in the arena who paid for their seat is going fucking crazy. And u cant see one person reacting in the shot. Obviously doesn't affect the fight itself but neither does the horrible Reebok gear. It just looks like shit.

Just something to think about you big bald fuck.

<31>

Bonus: I think we added to the all-time mma one-liner list this week.

"They pass the test. But they don't answer all the questions."

"Rowdy" Max Holloway

source.gif

tumblr_mila7qe7Y41rt73joo2_250.gif

<20>

That's what I want to do when I watch fights. Watch the crowd.

The noise insertion has been tweaked lately. It used to be so painfully obvious with the same repeated 2 second applause just pasted in

The UFC really needs to figure out how to make the crowd look less indifferent cageside.
The UFC would love to do this, but how? You'd have to get rid of the cage which isn't an option..

Hmmm I see what you mean

But we cant let these filthy animal MMA fans get that close to the cage when they're all drunk

That's honestly such an underrated and underappreciated moment from Max Holloway man.

Those might be the most legendary and most exciting last 10 seconds of a fight the UFC will ever see. Max pointed to the ground and him and Lamas threw the fuck DOWN! No one took a back step, just pure stand and bang.

I was about 2 months into the UFC and saw this during the build up to 206, and I've been a fan ever since. I said anyone willing to stand and trade like that is a Fighter I can get behind, and I haven't looked back since.

Max Holloway Bless.
holloway_max_ufc_-1040x572.jpg

This of course does not detract from nightly revisiting of the reign of the great Prince Naseem Hamed.

Thanks for the reminder, havent watched the Barrera hightlights this week.

Yea your right. The 4.3 billion dollar mma promotion doesn't understand how to produce live mma events properly.

z4fWCqn.png

This girl should get free tickets to every event, together with <{JustBleed}>

VIP them dana

The only thing the UFC needs to address regarding the crowds is to put electro shock collars that go up in intensity every time some random Fuck Wooooo's. First Woooo is a warning zap, second one is a Taser like shock that renders you unconscious for a few minutes and the third offense is a fatal shock.
giphy.gif

The noise insertion has been tweaked lately. It used to be so painfully obvious with the same repeated 2 second applause just pasted in
Yeah they have lots of plants and crowd warmers. The "woooo" guys are 2 brothers who go to every event and start the woo going and get others to join in.. they are part of UFC staff. Thats why the Woo's always sound exactly the same at every event, no matter where it is lol. Always starts with the same 2 guys getting it going. UFC stole that trick from WWE with the crowd warmers ..very effective

Yeah they have lots of plants and crowd warmers. The "woooo" guys are 2 brothers who go to every event and start the woo going and get others to join in.. they are part of UFC staff. Thats why the Woo's always sound exactly the same at every event, no matter where it is lol. Always starts with the same 2 guys getting it going. UFC stole that trick from WWE with the crowd warmers ..very effective
Could you imagine if they allowed crowd signs the shit us inbred fans would be holding up?

Remember mascot Chuck in the crowd, need more of them randomly doing gear hand out at events.

Just ban Eddie alverez wife and Tyrone woodleys mother

Last edited:
they should have a laugh track like comedies :D or pump in crowd reactions through the PA system like WWE

What if we made them fight in an ampitheatre like circle pit with no cage.
C1XsgzCXAAA1C7b.jpg:large

Something like this but a full circle

Back