How does Colby beat Usman

Zebo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Pulling for Colby to get the W but my handicapper side doesn't see it happening. Someone tell me a different scenario then what I am expecting. I see 3 likely scenarios Usman wins, and only 1 scenario Colby wins.
Usman getting the W
1. Usman is too big, too strong, dominates him the whole fight and gets decision.
2. Usman dominates him and gets the finish.
3. Usman wins first 3 rounds, gasses and gives up the 4 and 5 rounds, but still wins the decision.
Colby getting the W
1. Colby losses the first 2 rounds, and then wins the next 3 to get the decision.

Pulling for Colby to get the W but my handicapper side doesn't see it happening. Someone tell me a different scenario then what I am expecting. I see 3 likely scenarios Usman wins, and only 1 scenario Colby wins.
Usman getting the W
1. Usman is too big, too strong, dominates him the whole fight and gets decision.
2. Usman dominates him and gets the finish.
3. Usman wins first 3 rounds, gasses and gives up the 4 and 5 rounds, but still wins the decision.
Colby getting the W
1. Colby losses the first 2 rounds, and then wins the next 3 to get the decision.

I don't see usman gassing...the guy seems to have a great gas tank...and does everything better than colby...I see usman winning, but anything can happen.

By fighting.

Thing is they're close in every area, and you can't truly tell who's better. Wouldn't be surprised if Colby edges him out standing up or in wrestling, but vice versa as well. Colby has more volume whereas Usman has more power.
I got Colby edging out Usman most of the fight with more output and a harder pace, but Usman landing the harder shots and hurting him more. It's mostly a 50/50 fight for me, I see it ending in a pretty close decision whoever wins.

I don't see usman gassing...the guy seems to have a great gas tank...and does everything better than colby...I see usman winning, but anything can happen.
depends on if usman is using EPO for this fight tbh... The Juiceman who showed up to fight Woodley will be a hard hard fight for anybody.

Boringman can handle colby enough to win a decision i think, anyway colby is a bit underrated in my opinion, it's possible he leave marty with his hands empty, he is smart enough.

It’s mma and weird shit happens. Usman should beat him though. He’s better everywhere.

Wrestlerobics is the only way Colby wins any fight. Problem is Usman has better wrestling and better cardio. Demian Maia outstruck Colby until he tired and then Colby was able to use his wrestling. Usman won't let that happen as I see him outstriking and outwrestling Colby and then Colby has no where to go but down and out

Wrestlerobics is the only way Colby wins any fight. Problem is Usman has better wrestling and better cardio. Demian Maia outstruck Colby until he tired and then Colby was able to use his wrestling. Usman won't let that happen as I see him outstriking and outwrestling Colby and then Colby has no where to go but down and out
Colby apparently has better wrestling credentials, right? He claims he was a division 1 champ, while Usman was D2. I don’t care enough to fact check, however.

Definitely wouldn't say Usman has better cardio then Colby.

Colby apparently has better wrestling credentials, right? He claims he was a division 1 champ, while Usman was D2. I don’t care enough to fact check, however.
Credentials in amateur wrestling =/= results in MMA wrestling. GSP has no credentials at all yet out wrestled Hughes, Fitch, Kos, Hendricks, Sherk & Trigg.

Based on having seen them both fight I think Usman will be smart enough to expose Colby. He has relied on throwing distracting strikes that have no power in high volume and putting fighters on the defensive of his continuous TDs. He can't keep anyone down and has no GnP but he makes guys work and tire out. Usman needs only to put Colby on the defensive and have him defending TDs and not look for the KO. Tire him out and then finish him when the sub or KO comes.

Definitely wouldn't say Usman has better cardio then Colby.
Colby was gassed in the 4th of the RDA fight. He only won because RDA didn't figure out to attack with wrestling and not defend and look to strike. Once he did that he had Colby on the ropes but the first 3 rounds Colby took too much out of him.

Colby doesn't have otherwordly cardio so much as he has a terrific game plan based on his very limited skills. It is easy to look like cardio is your thing when you are able to manipulate opponents into fighting a style that doesn't wear on your cardio, while eroding theirs.

Colby out points Usman with 1-2-1 and 1-1-2-5s because I don't think Usman will out grapple him. It's going to be a kickboxing match with maybe a round of Usman holding down Colby early and Colby holding down Usman later for half a round. It will be close but I think Colby will probably take it off volume. He has really good striking defense. 49-46 or 46-49.

Back