There are still some changes to be made in MMA in order to perfect it

Regal Boy

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
These are a few changes that need to be made in MMA in order to finalize the sport and turn it into a perfect fighting simulation.

1) Fighters need to wear shoes, like in Savate.
Fighters being barefoot doesn't make sense. No one fights barefoot when you have to fight someone to defend yourself. Savate already has shoes so the precedent is set, and in Pancrase they used to wear shoes. Fighters can wear Reebok sneakers, something light, not boots or something.

2) Kicks and stomps to the head of a grounded opponent are legal, 6 to 12 elbows are legal
This is obvious and should exist as we all know.

3) Depending on where they are fighting, fighters have to wear a Gi
If the fighters are fighting in say, Brazil, then being bare shirted or wearing a rash-guard is fine. But if they're fighting in, say, Russia, or America in the winter, then it's mandatory for them to fight in a Gi, because people wear jackets in cold climates. Then fighters will have to learn how to fight and wrestle/grapple in a Gi (jacket) and without one, as they would have to do in a colder environment anyway. This, along with the Shoe rule, make it a lot like Combat Sambo, but it's still different because it would be more brutal (the ruleset would be different between the two).

4) Being slammed with what would be a 5 point throw or a Judo Ippon is an immediate victory via TKO
If you get slammed on your head or neck onto a hard surface, it's done, you lose via TKO. For example, being slammed like this

Kills you in a street fight. The only reason Askren was able to roll over and continue to fight was because of the artificially soft canvas of the octagon.

Deontay Wilder's strongest hardest right cross does not even come close to the damage that being Osoto Gari'd or Suplex or slammed in general onto the ground does to you. Even dry dirt is harder than the Octagon canvas. This is a legal requirement, the GMAX and HIC of the octagon canvas has to be below a certain number (usually like 200 or so) in order to legally be sanctioned. But concrete, asphalt, even dry dirt all have much higher GMAX than the canvas. Judo throws and wrestling slams are NOT JUST TAKEDOWNS, they are fight ending moves that break and kill the opponent when executed properly. Even if you just land on your hips or lower back, it can crack your spine or crack your pelvis. People just trip and fall onto their elbows and shit on concrete and break their bones, let alone actually getting slammed onto the ground by a skilled martial artist.

There we go. 4 easy modifications, none of them big nor expensive nor anything, that make the final little changes to perfect the sport.

Also there should be a fighters union and fighters should be paid better.

OH I FORGOT the most important:

Ban weight cutting via hydration testing.

Poe's Law is strong with this one...

<{cruzshake}>

These are the changes MMA made in order to be LEGAL in most countries.

Why would UFC risk losing its license to go back to the old ways of fighting.

OH I FORGOT the most important:

Ban weight cutting via hydration testing.

Or have them step on the scale outside of the cage, and they can't drink water until after the first round

20% of their purse goes to their opponent for being a pound over. 10% gets added for each additional pound with a maximum of 60%

Anyone who comes in more than 5 pounds over is banned from competing in that weight class for 3 years

I think 12-6 elbows should be legal, but otherwise I don't like these ideas.

get rid of that stupid one hand touching the ground cant get kneed in the head rule,bullshit and cheap bitches abuse it

Pride perfected it

This thread sucks

TS needs a time machine to live out his dream

These are a few changes that need to be made in MMA in order to finalize the sport and turn it into a perfect fighting simulation.

1) Fighters need to wear shoes, like in Savate.
Fighters being barefoot doesn't make sense. No one fights barefoot when you have to fight someone to defend yourself. Savate already has shoes so the precedent is set, and in Pancrase they used to wear shoes. Fighters can wear Reebok sneakers, something light, not boots or something.

2) Kicks and stomps to the head of a grounded opponent are legal, 6 to 12 elbows are legal
This is obvious and should exist as we all know.

3) Depending on where they are fighting, fighters have to wear a Gi
If the fighters are fighting in say, Brazil, then being bare shirted or wearing a rash-guard is fine. But if they're fighting in, say, Russia, or America in the winter, then it's mandatory for them to fight in a Gi, because people wear jackets in cold climates. Then fighters will have to learn how to fight and wrestle/grapple in a Gi (jacket) and without one, as they would have to do in a colder environment anyway. This, along with the Shoe rule, make it a lot like Combat Sambo, but it's still different because it would be more brutal (the ruleset would be different between the two).

4) Being slammed with what would be a 5 point throw or a Judo Ippon is an immediate victory via TKO
If you get slammed on your head or neck onto a hard surface, it's done, you lose via TKO. For example, being slammed like this

Kills you in a street fight. The only reason Askren was able to roll over and continue to fight was because of the artificially soft canvas of the octagon.

Deontay Wilder's strongest hardest right cross does not even come close to the damage that being Osoto Gari'd or Suplex or slammed in general onto the ground does to you. Even dry dirt is harder than the Octagon canvas. This is a legal requirement, the GMAX and HIC of the octagon canvas has to be below a certain number (usually like 200 or so) in order to legally be sanctioned. But concrete, asphalt, even dry dirt all have much higher GMAX than the canvas. Judo throws and wrestling slams are NOT JUST TAKEDOWNS, they are fight ending moves that break and kill the opponent when executed properly. Even if you just land on your hips or lower back, it can crack your spine or crack your pelvis. People just trip and fall onto their elbows and shit on concrete and break their bones, let alone actually getting slammed onto the ground by a skilled martial artist.

There we go. 4 easy modifications, none of them big nor expensive nor anything, that make the final little changes to perfect the sport.

Also there should be a fighters union and fighters should be paid better.

Love this. I hadn't thought about an immediate fight ending rule for a slam. There is some precedent. Daki age when lifted above the head rampage style used to result in an immediate ippon in judo without the need to actually slam. This would be the next logical step on a mat. I had considered having fights take place on turf also to bring back the destructive ground element.

I don't agree with having to wear a gi at all because nobody walks around in a gi, but i wouldn't mind if it was legal to grab the belt line of the opponent's shorts. But everyone wears shoes. 1) better grips for leg locks to the point its almost as devastating as throws on a hard surface and 2) its obvious benefits to the kicking game. (Really better grips for low singles and grabbing your leg in guard etc many applications)

I wouldn't mind if they brought back yellow cards. I think a round ring like in bkfc best emulates fighting in open space without the unrealistic ring corners or cage wall.

100 percent all kicks and knees to downed opponents and legal 6 to 12 elbow. May i suggest one more thing. Legalize headbutts. If you watch lethwei you will realize headbutts flow better with punches than elbows do, and overall the clinch work of lethwei is legit, maybe enough so that ypur rule about slams doesn't have to be neccesarily. Because people get knocked out in lethwei with slams with headbutt follow through. Really lethwei having headbutts makes all 8 other limbs for a total of 9 flow better at a more realistic ratio and all the shots count no matter where you put them.

Just my few cents

You want to give them shoes AND legalize stomps to a downed opponent? Are you fucking crazy?

round 2 is the improvised weapons round and round 3 is the homies jump in and help round

Fighters required to drink heavily between rounds

Back