Who Will Replace Bisping as The Next UK Superstar?

Who will be more successful in the UFC?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

UFC president Dana White believes that top-ranked welterweight title contender Leon Edwards could be the next big superstar for UK MMA.

Edwards is the No. 4 ranked welterweight on the UFC roster. He has a 10-2 record inside the Octagon and is currently riding an eight-fight win streak. White says he has taken notice of Edwards and believes he can be a huge star for the UFC in the UK.

Here’s what White told BT Sport about Edwards.

r571416_1296x729_16-9.jpg

“Edwards is a rising star. This kid is mean, nasty, and aggressive. His standup is phenomenal. That country (England) is up for grabs and waiting to be taken by somebody. If Edwards can become a world champion, that guy can be a big star over there.”

The UFC president confirmed that the promotion is currently discussing a potential matchup between Edwards and the No. 1 ranked welterweight in the world, Tyron Woodley.

“We’re working on it,” White said.

usa_today_10359629.0.jpg

It’s a bit surprising that White said Edwards could be the next big superstar in UK MMA when most assumed that he would have said Darren Till. “The Gorilla” just beat Kelvin Gastelum in his UFC middleweight debut and is arguably the most popular fighter on the roster. But he had lost two straight fights to Woodley and Jorge Masvidal before that, so perhaps the UFC and White are slowing their roll on Till at the moment.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...dwards-could-be-the-new-superstar-for-uk-mma/

Last edited:
Neither of them. Till isn't that good and Leon stays too quiet.

Anthony Joshua or tyson fury

Bullshit. Edwards is not an exciting fighter at all. Dana usually hates point fighters.

But Bisping was the only overpaid fighter in MMA history, I'll never understand the hard on Dana and the UFC has for UK fighters. The arenas sell out regardless of who is on the card.

Last edited:
Absolutely nobody knows who Leon Scott is, not even in his neighborhood let alone all UK

Bullshit. Edwards is not an exciting fighter at all. Dana usually hates point fighters.

But Bisping was the only overpaid fighter in MMA history, I'll never understand the hard on Dana nd the UFC has for UK fighters. The arenas sell out regardless of who is on the card.
They needed an in, they were just starting to test the waters in Europe and Bisping was the only mediocre fighter from there. The talent was pretty slim in the UK at the time.

Neither. Edwards is one of the most forgettable and dull individuals to ever compete in the UFC, and Till isn't likeable at all, nor unlikable enough to generate any interest one way or the other.

Till by far, Leon doesnt have the character imo, even if a very good fighter.

Too bad they rushed Darren Till but he still probably has the best chance

They both can become stars. I don't think they even need a belt to do that but i do think they are both close to a title shot.

Leon might be the most well rounded Welterweight right now. I could possibly see him become champ one day or at least fight for the title soon. Usman is still his toughest matchup and Colby would be tough as well.

Darren Till surprised everybody with his performance over Gastelum. He has already defeated one of the most dangerous guys in his new division. Sky is the limit for Till as long we keep him away from one thing...

<RomeroSalute>

When was Bisping a SuperStar?
He won a season of TUF, competed on the biggest stage of MMA for a record number of fights, smashed Rockhold in the re-match, and is now doing amazing as a color commentator. He's done well for the UK.

Voted Till.

Good question, good poll.

FTR: I really like Edwards. He gets the shaft (no homo) bc of all of his decisions W's but you can't deny his winning streak

They both can become stars. I don't think they even need a belt to do that but i do think they both are close to a title shot.

Leon might be the most well rounded Welterweight right now. I could possibly see him become champ one day or at least fight for the title soon. Usman is still his toughest matchup and Colby would be as well.

Darren Till surprised everybody with his performance over Gastelum. He has already defeated one of the most dangerous guys in his new division. Sky is the limit for Till as long we keep him away from one thing...

<RomeroSalute>

Well, not like Till looked fantastic. Kudos to him for taking the fight, but Gastelum looked the guy who managed to lose to Magny.

They both can become stars. I don't think they even need a belt to do that but i do think they both are close to a title shot.

Leon might be the most well rounded Welterweight right now. I could possibly see him become champ one day or at least fight for the title soon. Usman is still his toughest matchup and Colby would be as well.

Clicked to see Yoel, clicked and saw Yoel

{<redford}

Back