Does Colby have any answer for Usmans clinch game?

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
I think this where Kamaru ultimately wins the fight. He's far better in the clinch, significantly stronger prolly the physically strongest WW, more varied offense. All Colby has are Underhooks and sometimes some shots against the fence. Usman does a lot more work with elbows, knees, collar ties, forearm control etc.

Usman is gonna be able to turn defense into offense in those exchanges too which guys like RDA and Lawler weren't able to.

So what can Colby really do in the clinch?

Last edited:
Whisper “30% hairline” into snoozemans ear to psyche him out

The only thing Colby has to be afraid of is the rear straight..... That's it.

Well, Not camping with his back against the fence from the opening bell like woodley did will help. Also not being 5'7 like woodley will help. Also, the fact that Colby practically never moves backwards will help. I do think that the clinch is in general Usman's biggest advantage, though, assuming he can get colby's back against the cage.

I think this where Kamaru ultimately wins the fight. He's far better in the clinch, significantly stronger prolly the physically strongest WW, more varied offense. All Colby has are Underhooks and sometimes some shots against the fence. Usman does a lot more work with elbows, knees, collar ties, forearm control etc.

Usman is gonna be able to turn defense into offense in those exchanges too which guys like RDA and Lawler weren't able to.

sriously?

I think this fight is much closer than you claim TS..
<Wenger85>

usman is extremly flatfooted, if colby can manage to hold him in distance he has a good chance of winning. he is much faster and lighter on the feet

I think colby will try to out strike Usman. See how Usman responds.

usman is extremly flatfooted, if colby can manage to hold him in distance he has a good chance of winning. he is much faster and lighter on the feet

But Usman has a 4 inch reach advantage and he knows how to use his reach advantage extremely well. If Colby doesn't stick close to Usman then he could very well end up getting KO'd.

But Usman has a 4 inch reach advantage and he knows how to use his reach advantage extremely well. If Colby doesn't stick close to Usman then he could very well end up getting KO'd.
Lol so if colby doesn’t close the distance he’s going to get ko? Ok you know nothing back to eating Cheetos and playing with yourself.

You'll see that Colby's wrestling is way better than Usmans

I remember an interview Colby did after a fight(maybe Maia?) where he was asked a question and responded saying that he wouldn't fight Woodley that way. That his approach that way was just for that opponent. The point being, that everyone's analysis is based on how Colby has fought other fighters is not what you're going to get when he faces an astute wrestler like Kamara. I know he brought in a high-level wrestler for this camp, but I think he will defend the takedown and try to outstrike Usman. I think Kamara will either have to stop him early or wear him down so much in the first two rounds that Colby won't have the gas to overwhelm him in the later rounds. With that said, I have a feeling that someone is getting KO'ed in this fight.

I want to see Colby's weight cut. He's had to change his diet because he can't eat now where Jorge eats, and sometimes Jorge likes to eat where Colby likes to eat. That could fuck up his routine.

I have never seen colby rely on volume striking without grappling. It will be interesting. Colby will be much faster than Usman

For any victory Colby's only viable option is to keep it standing and moving and throw a 1001 of his butterfly punches and hope he's scoring points with each and every one. To wrestle or clinch with Usman is playing to Usman's strengths Colby as chosen to train cardio over power so play to your strength try to get him tired and win a decision...

I think Usman is going to want a KO more than he ever has, and it's going backfire (not via a Colby KO, but takedowns for Colby)

After seeing the way Colby beat Lawler I'm confident he gets the job done against Usman, I've never seen Robbie tentative to throw because of the volume coming back at him.

I expect Usman to start strong but eventually be outworked to a decision loss

I think Colby will do what he can to keep his back off the cage.

In other words, the fight will be won in the contest of Usman corralling Colby vs Colby footwork and dancing-striking from range.

If Usman cannot successfully cut off the octagon / corral Colby, then the chances of him losing rounds goes up, bigly.

That’s my take. As always, I’ll be curious to see how far off it is.

Back