Kamaru has 100% takedown defense

THE-06

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I keep seeing this being brought up not sure why. Marty was taken down by Maia and got his back taken. If you don't remember, this was when the ref separated them when Maia had back mount punching Kamaru in the face lol
I mean it doesn't matter, but I've seen this been said more than once.

Last edited:
Fake Snooze Man!! Kamaru EPOsman gonna school Colby! Unless he is fighting ColbEPO Covingcan, then he’s got a shot.

who cares about snoozeman
plus ufc statistics always fucked up

He stuffed takedowns from 11 day notice, 41 year old Maia. That's about it, maybe one other fighter tried a takedown on him, but it wasn't much. Hiss tdd is still largely unproven.

Maia didn't take Usman down and he didn't actually have his back fully.

This is the moment that Joe Rogan blew out of proportion:

upload_2019-12-12_0-45-47.png

Kumaru had a nice whizzer in and as amazing as Maia is, I highly doubt he would have finished Kumaru in the 85 seconds he had left to work with.

I keep seeing this being brought up not sure why. Marty was taken down by Maia and got his back taken. If you don't remember, this was when the ref separated them when Maia had back mount punching Kamaru in the face lol
Even if it was true, he hasn't faced any decent grapplers without a huge size advantage. I do remember Maia on his back vaguely but it had to have been a reversal or scramble, cause Maia's takedowns are terrible.

He stuffed takedowns from 11 day notice, 41 year old Maia. That's about it, maybe one other fighter tried a takedown on him, but it wasn't much. Hiss tdd is still largely unproven.

Good point, I had a look into the numbers. Maia went 0 for 15, but the only two others that tried to take him down were Woodley and RDA and both guys went 0 for 1....so he's had 17 attempted on him. It will be tested this weekend.

yeah but he was only fighting at 28.5% in that fight

Because all the Colby haters are grasping for them grapes full well knowing that Colby about to whoop that ass!

he took his back standing from a clinch
TS at least rewatch the fight before creating a thread

I don't remember that fight, but Maia's 'takedown' most likely must have been one of his traditional " grab and drag to the mat " from a standing position, hence why it's probably not counted as a TD.
Still efficient AF ( Werdum sometimes uses similar techniques )

Maia almost took him down in first attempt and it wasn't from clinch but from shooting like he did vs Woodley and Colby.After in scramble got Marty's back.
Marty's tdd will actually be tested now with Colby,everything before doesn't mean much just like with Woodley vs Marty.

This has Brock vs Cain written all over it.

TRUST ME.

Bet your house on Colby.

he took his back standing from a clinch
TS at least rewatch the fight before creating a thread
LOL
USMAN_1.gif

Back