Usman more of a favorite to beat Colby than Max is to beat Volkanovski

TheLastEmperorReurns

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Really interesting consider that a huge chunk of fighters, analysts, and fans are predicting Colby to win but few expect Alex to beat Max... when it comes to betting lines, people are more pessimistic about Colby’s chances than Alex Volkanovski’s...

Attachments

• 357EE501-76B8-4777-A10C-31B7BC8BEBB9.png
    357EE501-76B8-4777-A10C-31B7BC8BEBB9.png
    618.1 KB · Views: 8
I am sure a lot of people are betting against Colby out of spite, whereas Max and volkanovski are generally liked or people feel indifferent about.

I am sure a lot of people are betting against Colby out of spite, whereas Max and volkanovski are generally liked or people feel indifferent about.

betting odds and the ufc game simulations are the more accurate predictors of main event fight outcomes whereas fan and fighter opinions are 50/50 or worse

Volkanovski has a very good chance.

Covington does not.

betting odds and the ufc game simulations are the more accurate predictors of main event fight outcomes whereas fan and fighter opinions are 50/50 or worse
Fighter opinions are even less accurate than fan opinions IMO. A lot of fighters have no idea who will win the fight and just pick the person they train with or know personally.

Volkanovski has a very good chance.

Covington does not.

I’m not sure 5’6 fighters have a future @ FW.

max, Zabit, Ortega, Conor washed them out and Vollanovski managed to slide into a title shot by fighting the last generation’s elites (the last Manlet Kings of FW- ALDO and Chad)

Fighter opinions are even less accurate than fan opinions IMO. A lot of fighters have no idea who will win the fight and just pick the person they train with or know personally.
That's mostly the issue with fighters giving their opinion on who will win fights. Most have biases due to training with one of the fighters or being friends with them. That's fine but people should stop using the phrase here "I'll take the professional fighter's opinion over yours"...

Yeah because they're so much better at gauging and breaking down fights....

Because a lot of snowflake, Bernie Sanders lovers get their feelings hurt when Colby says the truth, so they go out of their way to make it look like he's gonna lose, when really Usman won't be able to hang past the 2nd Round.

Tyron was the favourite against Usman. Odds mean jack shit in MMA. Although I personally favour Usman slightly.

uhh most folks are picking Usman the only guys picking Colby are the people from ATT
the general concesus is Usman is like Colby but bigger and stronger

I’m not sure 5’6 fighters have a future @ FW.

max, Zabit, Ortega, Conor washed them out and Vollanovski managed to slide into a title shot by fighting the last generation’s elites (the last Manlet Kings of FW- ALDO and Chad)
I feel like Volkanovski would run right through Zabit.

Really interesting consider that a huge chunk of fighters, analysts, and fans are predicting Colby to win but few expect Alex to beat Max... when it comes to betting lines, people are more pessimistic about Colby’s chances than Alex Volkanovski’s...

MMA is still not very often bet on. Some say it’s the easiest game left.

Tyron was the favourite against Usman. Odds mean jack shit in MMA. Although I personally favour Usman slightly.
If that was true, betting mma would make effortless millions.

Giving one example of an upset doesnt mean odds mean "jack shit".

That's exactly how it should be. Both champs should win but Volk has a much better chance.

If that was true, betting mma would make effortless millions.

Giving one example of an upset doesnt mean odds mean "jack shit".

It was only an upset according to the odds. In hindsight, Usman did not upset Tyron. He is just clearly the better fighter. That's why they don't matter.

Odds will be right more often than not over a large sample, but they aren't very meaningful when discussing a single upcoming fight.

It was only an upset according to the odds. In hindsight, Usman did not upset Tyron. He is just clearly the better fighter. That's why they don't matter.

Odds will be right more often than not over a large sample, but they aren't very meaningful when discussing a single upcoming fight.
Yes and in hindsight shorting the housing market in 2007 was the obvious choice.

It's easy to predict the past. Predicting the future is hard. And that's what odds aim to do. Do they determine the outcome of a fight? No. Do they give you a good idea of what analysts think will happen? Yes.

Just like you said, on average the odds predict the correct outcome.

By that very statement alone, they are better than nothing and not "jack shit".

Yes and in hindsight shorting the housing market in 2007 was the obvious choice.

It's easy to predict the past. Predicting the future is hard. And that's what odds aim to do. Do they determine the outcome of a fight? No. Do they give you a good idea of what analysts think will happen? Yes.

Just like you said, on average the odds predict the correct outcome.

By that very statement alone, they are better than nothing and not "jack shit".

Ok they mean slightly more than jack shit. Very slightly. You got me.

Must visit site even if you are not into betting. https://www.bestfightodds.com/

MMA and boxing lines can have MASSIVE swings compared to football, soccer, basketball, etc. Remember, Vegas is not a market maker. Offshores still rule when it comes to setting the original lines.

The smart play (value play) is Covington simply because +165 is better than -190. What is interesting is -250 for the fight going to a decision! That is wild for a 5-round affair.

This just proves how emotional mma fans are, colby greatest strenght is to piss people off so much that they forget he's a relly good fighter.

Because a lot of snowflake, Bernie Sanders lovers get their feelings hurt when Colby says the truth, so they go out of their way to make it look like he's gonna lose, when really Usman won't be able to hang past the 2nd Round.
Covington and other Trump fans wouldn't recognize truth if it slapped them in the face. Covington is just playing a role, and Trump is a pathological liar.

Back