What's the consensus on the Holloway-Volkanovski fight?

scytheavatar

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Does Volkanovski stand a chance? My fear ATM is that Holloway fights Volkanovski the same way he fought Edgar, lots of jabs for an easy decision win. If that's the case the Holloway - Volkanovski fight could very well be more boring than Usman - Colby.

No real “consensus” - both guys are about -175 favorites (almost 1.75 to 1) in either fight

Max’s reach, Jab, and length are going to be huge problems for volk - based on the Mendes fight I don’t think his striking is that much better than Frankie’s

Most likely scenario is a fight very similar to the Edgar one

Vokanovski's consensus is that he is too strong for Max , so it is what it is .

Vokanovski's consensus is that he is too strong for Max , so it is what it is .

He’s definitely too strong for max

Only issue is that it won’t help too much with the Jab in his facing at a distance

• Volkanovski fights long far better than Edgar does. He just landed like 55 leg kicks on jose Aldo within ten minutes of striking with him.
  • Volkanovski is at least 10lbs heavier than Edgar.
  • Volkanovski has 3.5 inches of reach on Edgar.
  • Volkanovski has more power and strength than Edgar.
  • Volkanovski probably chains takedowns together better than Edgar at this point, too.
  • Volkanovski's not a 38 year old FW

I say this as one of the biggest Edgar fan boys on here, but stylistically volkanovski is much better suited to beat max.

Last edited:
The consensus is that Max and Volk are bad asses and this is a highly anticipated fight.

I think volk really has a chance but men is so hard to beat Max remember DP couldn't put him to sleep

Last month of our unholy alliance Hirashin. Unless you want to do another bet on Holloway v Volk ;)
I would need to take Volk, obviously

We agree on the GREAT me brother, we have to find another fight to bet. I need you to stay in me army.

I think volk really has a chance but men is so hard to beat Max remember DP couldn't put him to sleep
A couple of more fights like that for Max and somebody will put him to sleep. Question is can someone do that to Max at FW. Volk has a chance and this should be a very competitive fight. I think Max will win but Volk is a live dog.

I watched some highlights of Volkanowski last night. Exciting fighter, but he seemed roughly equal to Chad Mendes (in a comeback fight no less) so I would have to say that he probably gets dragged into deep waters, exhausted by Holloway's pace and stopped later. He's very explosive but forcing him to engage constantly will probably wear him down quickly. Plus the height difference is very significant, Max has had a fairly easy time with shorter fighters.

There is no consensus.. thats one reason why this is a great fight!

No worries he's in good nick mate.

Capture311.gif

Last edited:
Back