Who you got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Reigning featherweight kingpin Max Holloway will face rising 145-pound star Alexander Volkanovski at UFC 245. It is a matchup pitting one of the best featherweights of all time against a fighter many believe could give him his toughest test as a champion.

Holloway will return to the Octagon on the heels of another impressive title defense against former lightweight champion and multi-time featherweight title challenger Frankie Edgar. “Blessed” will look to defend his throne for a fourth time when he faces the Aussie, who has not lost in six years, is looking to extend his 17-fight win streak and add an Ultimate Fighting Championship belt to his resume.

In anticipation of the bout, Sherdog procured predictions on how the bout could play out from athletes competing for the UFC, One Championship and the Professional Fighters League.

Holloways Picks: ?
Volkanovski Picks: ?

Find out how the pros picked at https://www.sherdog.com/videos/misc...oway-vs-Volkanovski-14761#bTW6fq0zBzm6bIPg.99

I've got Volkanovski. He's got the takedown game and cardio to put it on Max and not fade as the fight goes on. And I think he will be able to use the clinch to break up Max's attempts to pressure him.

As a Pro on Sherdog...
My pick is split decision win for Max Holloway after giving us a fight of the decade.

I got Volka. He's young and hungry and he'll have trained like a mad dog, he's smart enough to know what he has to do and he ain't gonna quit.

He's a tough dude and even IF he lost it will not be for lack of trying.

Volka by gritty and bloody decision.

Maxs days are numbered, and id like to see him retire healthy

I know nothing of volkanovski so I cant really make an informed guess

On another note, Volkanovski is built like a freaking tank. Not hard to imagine that he once was over 200 pounds. Look at those hands!
Volkanovski_is_massive_.png
That being said, i really don't know who'll win that fight. Hard to pick in my opinion.

I dunno, just get the feeling that Max’s brutal cage wars and starting his UFC career at such a young age finally catch up with him... maybe not this weekend but it’s coming soon, similar to what happened to Shogun, he’s getting ripe for the picking.

Max by stoppage in the fourth or fifth. Volk might look good first and second round but I actually think he will fade.

I think Volka is going to win. I think Father Time is very close to catching up with Max, and so i'm going to say Volka by a hard-fought decision.

Ive been on the Volkanovski hype train since his first fight in the UFC, and I'm not about to jump off just as we're pulling into Championship Station.

Volkanovski has passed every test with flying colours so far.
Time for the final exam!!

Voted Holloway, but this might the one to pull the upset, Volkanovski has power and Max isnt the most defensive fighter there is...

Ive been on the Volkanovski hype train since his first fight in the UFC, and I'm not about to jump off just as we're pulling into Championship Station.

Volkanovski has passed every test with flying colours so far.
Time for the final exam!!

@NorrisB

I agree. Holloway will lose this weekend.

Back