Is the UFC testing Conor McGregor's draw?

bl0b

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC 246 card is absolute DOG SHIT.

I wonder if Dana is curious to see the numbers Conor pulls in on this dog shit card before Dana has him headline some amazing event 5-6 months later, stacked from top to bottom.

Thoughts?

P.S. this card is DOG SHIT.

I think they are more worried about testing his declining skills.

Anything less than a first round devastating KO against Cerrone will not look good considering Gaethje just did it and Tony turned him into leather face.

Conor on bad cards is not a new thing because they know the public will buy just the same.

Love him or hate him, this weak card will sell better than any event this year.

I don't really get the point of what you're saying. Conor IS a big draw, nothing to test here

Can't expect it to be stacked, the UFC literally made this card solely because Conor wanted to return January 18th

Still will be the highest selling PPV of the ESPN era, which is pretty sad tbh

I really appreciate how you went the extra mile and posted the actual card so we can have a meaningful discussion

Probably, they're trying to knock him down a peg since he's had them over a barrel for a few years.
He's been trying to use his star power as a bargaining chip hoping to get shares of the company and holding ooutfor a 165lb division.

Meanwhile UFC/WME is doing their best to say "look we have these news 'stars' now, we don't NEED you."

Never been a conrad fan but loved seeing em stick it to uncle Dana, they created a monster and went on a rampage.

{<jordan}

Last edited:
<{walkerwhut}>

I read it exactly the other way around.

Because they know how big of a draw he is on his own, they filled the rest card with dog shit

By the way, i dont even know what the card is, im going off your opinion on it being bad

No thats just how they book, conor and cowboy can draw enough that they dont have to waste other good fights

I think this fight is supposed to get conor back in the winning late. Although cowboy winning isnt that shocking, and not that big of a knock on conor if he loses

I think they are more worried about testing his declining skills.

Anything less than a first round devastating KO against Cerrone will not look good considering Gaethje just did it and Tony turned him into leather face.

Conor on bad cards is not a new thing because they know the public will buy just the same.

That's your opinion and that's cool and all.

Not sure what makes you think his skills are declining? He did better against Khabib than 85-90% of Khabib's opponents, and he lost to a triathlete whos a foot taller and 100lbs heavier. Sure I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

So Tony beating his face up for a couple rounds is okay, but Conor not knocking Cerrone out cold in the 1st is sad?

You're a weird guy, with a lot of haterade in you.

<{walkerwhut}>

I read it exactly the other way around.

Because they know how big of a draw he is on his own, they filled the rest card with dog shit

By the way, i dont even know what the card is, im going off your opinion on it being bad

Makes sense lmao.

Pettis vs Diego is much more interesting fight

This card was made for Conor to look better than ever.

If he doesn't that will be absolute disaster.

I don't question the old Conor's skillset against Cerrone, but if Donald is crafty enough to survive early Conor is in for a fucked up night. Especially the washed version of him.

You never can tell how he rebounds to his stoppage losses against Floyd and Khabib. He had a lot more reason to still believe in himself after the first Diaz fight.

He may be like a deer caught in headlights for all we know.

I refuse to pay for anything UFC related and haven't for years.

I'll watch the Conor debacle for free though.

Back