Media Tony Fergusons BJJ Coach doesnt sound confident. Look into it.

RNC555

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Cliffs:
- Refuses to pick a winner/prediction.
- Insinuates that takedowns are inevitable.
- Tony will be looking for the Brabo choke and elbows, not gonna try getting back to his feet.
- Doesnt know if the Chokes will work against Khabib cause hes really good.

I dont think he sounds confident. According to him 1 Takedown will be enough for Khabib to remain on top for the entire rounds then, since Tony wont try to get back up.

Khabib training partners will probably be going for that Brabo choke for months before the fight not to mention the 4 previous training camps. It will be like Conors left hand. Everyone knew it was his only weapon and it was neutralized.

Tony's game plan is too obvious and predictable for a guy so "chaotic".

Last edited:
Eddie sounds confident only when he talks about flat earth.

He's like a walking definition of tin foil hat.

Cliffs:
- Tony will be looking for the Brabo choke and not gonna try getting back to his feet.
- Doesnt know if the Chokes will work against Khabib cause hes really good
It's because these two are the living legends of today! Their fight will revolutionize MMA forever.
Eddie couldn't make a pick because MMA isn't a predictable sport like boxing.
source.gif

Even Tony's coaches know he's in over his head. Bravo doesn't want to lose credibility as a broadcaster with Rogan because when Khabib wins if he picks Tony he looks less credible.

Fighting a prodigy who has done this since he was a child has them scrambling but their strategy sounds weak.

Don't get me wrong, fans love Tony for his pure chaos, but Khabib will subdue and suffocate the chaos.

Tony will look less like Tony Ferguson and more shit like all of Khabibs opponents.

Last edited:
Eddie gives realistic assessments and he can be very hurtful because he’s too stupid to consider how his words can influence the psychology of his friends.

I think he's just being honest and he knows Khabib's style. Better than 'knocked out in the 1st' attitude than some coaches have.

Honestly early on I think Tony needs to try and use BJJ for position and strike not to sub. No ones made this man bleed and I’ve been saying it like a parrot for almost 2 years. The only thing I tested about khabib is if he can handle a war.

You can’t just hit him with 1 big action and end the fight. He’s too good for that. You need to enforce some violence. Khabib has made that impossible because of his technique for everyone else. Let’s see if Tony’s bjj will help him.

Being 100 percent confident is dumb anyway. Doubt is what makes you train harder. Pretty sure Conor and Rousey’s coaches were 100 percent confident. Yes men are bad for you.

Fact of the matter is, you’re just not going to beat a talented submission grappler from your back in mma unless you’re a Demian Maia level BJJ fighter and even then it’s not a foregone conclusion.

Islam recently beat an ADCC medalist with top control and Tony isn’t half as good as an ADCC placer.

Being 100 percent confident is dumb anyway. Doubt is what makes you train harder. Pretty sure Conor and Rousey’s coaches were 100 percent confident. Yes men are bad for you.
It's because these two are the living legends of today! Their fight will revolutionize MMA forever.
source.gif
I think he's just being honest and he knows Khabib's style. Better than 'knocked out in the 1st' attitude than some coaches have.
When your own coaches are doubting you, you know youre in deep over your head. You dont need to be over confident, but goddamn if you are unable to pick your own fighter as a winner.
Fact of the matter is, you’re just not going to beat a talented submission grappler from your back in mma unless you’re a Demian Maia level BJJ fighter and even then it’s not a foregone conclusion.

Islam recently beat an ADCC medalist with top control and Tony isn’t half as good as an ADCC placer.
This dudes knows his stuff.

Eddie sounds confident only when he talks about flat earth.

He's like a walking definition of tin foil hat.
Exactly, I used to have respect for him, but I simply cannot take anyone serious who believes the world is flat.

Just once, someone please at least try a Anaconda or Peruvian Necktie from sprawl while Khabib is not protecting his neck at all. Stop with the half-assed Guillotine attempts.

Tonys MMA guard > Any ADCC champ in the UFC excluding Maia pretty much.

Last edited:

Weren’t Tito and Belfort placers in ADCC? Lol. I bet Tony is just as good as those guys.

source.gif

Double Yellow...

Sounds about right.

When you are fighting a champion like Khabib who has left no losing blueprint for his opponents and has possibly the most fearsome A game MMA has ever seen, the words "We are planning on beating Khabib" is the only words a coach should be saying. There's a fine line between being too confident or not confident enough versus the unbreakable. Poirier and Conor were too overconfident. Tony may also be overconfident but Eddie did nothing wrong here

Cliffs:
- Tony will be looking for the Brabo choke and elbows, not gonna try getting back to his feet.
- Doesnt know if the Chokes will work against Khabib cause hes really good.

I dont think he sounds confident. According to him 1 Takedown will be enough for Khabib to remain on top for the entire rounds then, since Tony wont try to get back up.

Khabib training partners will probably be going for that Brabo choke for months before the fight not to mention the 4 previous training camps. It will be like Conors left hand. Everyone knew it was his only weapon and it was neutralized.

Tony's game plan is too obvious and predictable for a guy so "chaotic".

Maybe hes trying to fool khabib

Just once, someone please at least try a Anaconda or Peruvian Necktie from sprawl while Khabib is not protecting his neck at all. Stop with the half-assed Guillotine attempts.
B-b-b-buuut Dusty came the closet to defeating khabib with a guillotine.

Or so some sherdoggers would want to have you believe.

Back