Daniel Cormier Grateful the UFC Will Let Him Retire with the Belt After Beating Stipe

Should Stipe get to fight for the title immediately after he loses to Cormier (if he loses)?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
5bb391eb86ad6.image.jpg

“After all that was done last year,” Daniel Cormier told MMA Junkie, “when I was going to fight Brock Lesnar and I said, ‘I’ll wait for Lesnar, and if Lesnar can’t go I’ll fight Stipe,’ I think it’s kind of the same thing (with him trying to fight Tyson Fury). But [the] reality is, it’s vastly different. I think it’s misguided.

960x0.jpg

I had Lesnar in my face. He came into the octagon and all that.
heG4hlT.gif

I’ve got to be honest with you: The moment they said Brock can’t fight, I said, ‘Then let’s give Stipe his fight.’

102014-UFC-Tonight-Daniel-Cormier-JW-PI.jpg

“I have done a lot of good work in the UFC, and if them even thinking that it’s my last fight and allowing me to fight in that position (for the title), shows good faith. Obviously they have a plan in place of what happens after I win my belt back (and retire), because I’m going to. I’m going to win the last fight and then I’ll have the championship. But the reality is, they trust me enough and my decision-making to give me that opportunity, and trust enough of the good work I’ve done in and for this company to allow me to have this opportunity. So I feel great.”

usa_today_10927469.0.jpg

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/12/daniel-cormier-stipe-miocic-misguided-tyson-fury-fight

Last edited:
Has this fight been announced? I was really hoping Ngannou would get another shot.

Man... Mind as well give fucking DC to Ngannou at this point!!!!!
giphy.gif

Has this fight been announced? I was really hoping Ngannou would get another shot.
Ngannou has to wait. I love DC but this is the type of stuff that ruins divisions by holding up deserving contenders

So what happens if he wins? He obviously won't defend it so who does Ngannou fight for the vacant belt? Stipe shouldn't get an immediate rematch. And there's no one else that's qualified to fight for it.

So what happens if he wins? He obviously won't defend it so who does Ngannou fight for the vacant belt? Stipe shouldn't get an immediate rematch. And there's no one else that's qualified to fight for it.
It would probably be Stipe VS Ngannou ll, not that I agree with it.

Some sort of HW tourney I'd assume.

is this not DC's last fight on his contract? if he wrestles Stipe, i think he wins, and rides off into the sunset

Ngannou has to wait. I love DC but this is the type of stuff that ruins divisions by holding up deserving contenders
Fuck, I looked it up and it looks like it might not be until the summer as well... I guess Ngannou will have to crush some people ranked below him in the mean time.

While they are trying to force Stipe's team to fight soon, Stipe is recovering from an eye surgery and giving 0 fucks to all this bullshit. At the end of the day, doesn't matter if Dana says, Cormier says, they need to negotiate and wait for the real champ as much as he wants and thinks he is being well-compensated for fighting criminals like this Cormier.

Stipe is laughing and they are desperate. No news. Hoping for another divine justice and maybe this time Cormier will leave the octagon without his fucking head.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR STIPE!!

Last edited:
While they are trying to force Stipe's team to fight soon, Stipe is recovering from an eye surgery and giving 0 fucks to all this bullshit. At the end of the day, doesn't matter if Dana says, Cormier says, they need to negotiate and wait for the real champ as much as he wants and thinks he is being well-compensated for fighting criminals like this Cormier.

Stipe is laughing and they are desperate. No news. Hoping for another divine justice and maybe this time Cormier will get out of the octagon without his fucking head.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR STIPE!!

Yeah, don't be surprised if they strip Stipe for no defending the belt.
UFC's favoritism has done much worse things.

Can't wait to see DC get ktfo again brutally CONFIRMED

is this not DC's last fight on his contract? if he wrestles Stipe, i think he wins, and rides off into the sunset
If DC becomes heavyweight champ again I think the Jones fight has to happen. The chance for redemption and the money involved would make it hard to turn down

The butthurt approaching this thread.

This whole bullshit is why immediate rematches are bullshit barring a GSP/Anderson level reign.
Sorry you lost, that's how fighting works, someone else's turn.

I understand the HW division is pretty weak but maybe the match making is partially to blame here.

The HW title has been like Cain v JDS, Cain v Bigfoot, Cain v JDS, Cain v Bigfoot, Cain v JDS, DC v Stipe, DC v Stipe, DC v Stipe for the last decade, with a few token sacrifices thrown in their. That's a bit of an exaggeration but the match making for the HW title has been atrocious for a long time. Stop it.

Back