Who ya got? Usman vs Covington

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Both wrestlers, Colby reached the highest level.
Both have cardio.
Both beat Maia and RDA, Colby did it first though and beat Maia in Brazil.
Both 15-1 in MMA.
Both have 7 finishes.
Both were submitted when they lost.

I can't make a pick. Can you?

Undecided on this one. I think it’s gonna be very close decision, but might as well flip a coin.

I think Usman gonna pummel Colby but Colby doesn’t know how to quit.

Early blitz by Usman.

main-qimg-0a6e66742b687aad3df060f9bf9338ee.webp

usman. i think his strength will be to much and people are sleeping on the difference in striking power. i think he clubs him enough to take the center, then clinch,work, rinse and repeat

he is coming off surgery though not sure how many. is he 100%? if yes i got him by UD

Usman via just being bigger and better at everything than Covington.

I just get the impression that Usman is better everywhere. Stoppage win in the championship rounds or lopsided UD imo.

colby by more volume can see something like him winning 1 , 3 , 4, 5 with usman going crazy in the 2nd

wrestling is going to cancel - possibly even be in his favor and he will be more active

Not sure tbh, hoping wrestling bases are cancelled out so no 25 minute hugfest and we get absolutely surprised by an early brutal KO. Don't care who wins.

Very hard fight to call - they are extremely similar fighters.

I slightly favor Usman solely because his win against Woodley is the best win on either of their resumes.

Colby by cardio. Usman's cardio looked good against Woodley because Woodley was a dog in that fight. Usman will fade by round 3 and lose a decision.

Back