UFCs Biggest Flop

timoteo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Alistair Overeem, hit me with the GIFS

Not even close.

GargantuanUncomfortableHousefly-size_restricted.gif

Hate to say, but Sage Northcutt was a big hype job too.

Shall I lock this now?

It pains me to say this, but....

Mirko Cro Cop.

I know it wasn't in the UFC but this is the best flop in MMA, period.
tumblr_p04qkc8BKL1rofocqo1_500.gifv

d5c37-rollesgracievs-derrickmehmen.gif

0*Vqk9eTBAAtecdU2i.gif

giphy.gif

people forget Conors piece of shit friend who killed somebody in the octagon was literally a big flop in that he got knocked out from getting flopped around like a fish and then thrown out of the UFC back into Irish waters.

Lombard has got to be in the top 10:
7Hu6k9.gif

Overeem made it to a title fight and might have beaten Stipe if he'd gone for GnP instead of the choke.

He's a had a lot of bad losses, but he also had many great wins and was on his way to beating a top prospect at the age of 39 up until a last second KO.

The biggest busts are the guys who came in with a ton of hype and had no real success against quality opposition: Will Brooks, Lombard, and (as much as I hate to say) Cro Cop.

ETA Even though he should have won the UFC title against Henderson, Melendez turned out to be a giant bust.

Hate to say, but Sage Northcutt was a big hype job too.

He was a prospect who got signed for marketability reasons though. IMO that's not the same as developed fighters that everybody assumed would come in and make a title run immediately.

people forget Conors piece of shit friend who killed somebody in the octagon was literally a big flop in that he got knocked out from getting flopped around like a fish and then thrown out of the UFC back into Irish waters.

<6>

Translation PLEASE !!

Ben Askren came into the UFC with an undefeated record. People were making up storylines that Ben Askren was akin to GSP, except, Ben never got the opportunity. We all got to know the truth though.

This is why all reasonable call-outs should be answered. Without the fight happening, then anybody can say anything they want, and if they have the numbers to match, then many people will listen.

The truth can only be known after it happens. Before this, everything is hypothetical. LOL

Would say Todd Duffee, he was supposed to run right through the HW division.

Back