Reem and Spong sparring back in the day

Swoliosis

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It's probably been posted before, I remember seeing this in Overeems web series a while back.

Reem is such a bully, he was going hard. What was Spong there? 185 pounds?

Reem is such a bully

Bro, no way...

Overeem-kicks-little-girl.gif

The Dutch are notorious for sparring hard, it’s just the way those guys trained
Yeah.. thats true.

But he was beating the shit of young Spong.

I like more the Thai style of sparring often but not hard.. at least for myself. I want to be able to wipe my ass by the time I'm 55

I wonder if they even like each other today. Of course Overeem later knocked Spong out in k1 but also Spong later went to Florida and became part of the blackzillians and when overeem tried to go there later on it was pretty disastrous, as everybody there seemed to hate him.

Yeah.. thats true.

But he was beating the shit of young Spong.

I like more the Thai style of sparring often but not hard.. at least for myself. I want to be able to wipe my ass by the time I'm 55
I definitely agree with you, the Thais seem to have it down pretty good, especially for how often and long they fight

Reem is such a bully, he was going hard. What was Spong there? 185 pounds?
I respectfully disagree. I thought it looked like perfect sparring intensity level. He was powering up a bit more on some of the body shots, but a fighter needs that to condition it to withstand blows.

damn, both those guys are like the opposite now
Spong is A LOT bigger and Reem shrunk down

I respectfully disagree. I thought it looked like perfect sparring intensity level. He was powering up a bit more on some of the body shots, but a fighter needs that to condition it to withstand blows.

You can’t condition your body to to withstand the blows. It just does damage

edit - just realised I responded to the wrong person

Last edited:
Ahhh those were the good ol days.

When the Reem only had like 10 losses

Back