UFC Fighters Blasted for Calling Out Mayweather

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

"Sit your ass down and shut the hell up!"

A UFC fighter barely anyone has ever heard of is the latest to call out Floyd Mayweather — and the ridiculous trend needs to stop. We get it, you don’t ask, you don’t get. And one of the easiest ways for a fighter looking for attention to put their name up in lights is to attach themselves to someone that needs no introduction.

Floyd Mayweather, with a helping hand from Dana White, put himself in this position too by claiming he and the UFC president are “working together again to bring the world another spectacular event in 2020” after the roaring financial success of his fight against Conor McGregor in 2017.

But it’s prompted far too many UFC fighters to call out the undefeated boxing legend and it reached embarrassing levels on Tuesday when Bryce Mitchell threw his hat in the ring. If you don’t know Mitchell’s name, we don’t blame you. He’s a rising MMA star coming off a spectacular submission win last weekend, but it was just his third bout in the UFC and seven fights before the main event.

Despite not even being ranked inside the featherweight division’s top 15 entering the bout against Matt Sayles, Mitchell thinks he’s worthy of a fight against arguably the best boxer of the past 20 years.

Asked by ESPN reporter Ariel Helwani who he’d like to fight next, Mitchell produced some A-grade garbage.

“I don’t know if I want to do it now and I haven’t really thought about it,” he said. “I just woke up and I actually got my first day of good sleep. I’ll tell you who. I’ve never called anyone out in my career (but) there is one person I’m going to call out real quick and that’s Floyd Mayweather.

“He said MMA is for stupid white dudes who can’t box … I’ll box him. He’s talking about he wants to come over and box a UFC fighter. I’ll beat his ass … He fights like a b****.”

Mitchell’s rant continued further but it’s rubbish not worth repeating. Unfortunately he’s not alone.

Disgraced former bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw — currently serving a two-year ban after testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs — also used an appearance on Helwani’s show to argue his case for a fight against the 50-0 Mayweather.

. . .

Max Holloway has done it too. We won’t put the Hawaiian in the same basket as Mitchell and Dillashaw because he was just answering a question, but the current featherweight champion told TMZ he’s also open to a Mayweather fight this week.

“I would love to do that,” Holloway said. “He’s one of the best guys to ever do it. And, to share the boxing ring with him, it would be a checklist for sure.”

. . .

If we’re going to average three UFC fighters a fortnight calling the 42-year-old out, they’re going to have a long list of candidates to consider. Or not even bother mentioning.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/m...g/news-story/ab14f75f87bb8d23eded0e378266d24a

Last edited:
Floyd Mayweather is the biggest name in MMA. No way around it

Cause Mayweather is worth arguable 100 UFC Fighters and has made Dana millions.

Call out Floyd and it gets your name in print.

*every fighter in all combats sports wants to be blessed by a Floyd Money Night...

AnxiousBaggyGemsbok-size_restricted.gif

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

TJ got ko’d stiff by a wrestler and Max got out boxed by Poirier of all people and they want to call out Floyd? pathetic

That's a bit different from a call out

He was pissed that Floyd said MMA is for white guys that can't box

Fair game to defend himself imo

That hillbilly isn’t worth the article

Yeah we only got stupid conor to blame for starting the trend.

That's a bit different from a call out

He was pissed that Floyd said MMA is for white guys that can't box

Fair game to defend himself imo
Well floyd was correct with all due respect to conor.

Before Conor fought Floyd, Conor was FAKE rich, he was faking the funk, RENTING fur coats, Lambos, Rolls Royces, fooling the gullible midwestern white boy and Irish lads with his fake persona

People believed he was worth over 50 million. Some were even saying Conor was making 20 plus million a fight.

The truth was he made 1.5 million for Nate Diaz and another 3 million total.

He was demanding a portion of the UFC because he felt he wasn't getting paid right for generating the most income, so the only way for Dana White to satisfy Conor Mcnuggets without dipping into the UFC pocket was to let him fight Mayweather in boxing.

Dana even said it, he said Conor deserves it for all the fights he took for the UFC

Smart move by Dana he was able to give Conor 100 million without dipping into his own bank or the UFCs when he let him fight Mayweather.

And no, No UFC fighter who fights in UFC is making Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, or Joshua type money

If they were they would have a home like Floyd Mayweather Jr. this is one of Floyds newest Las Vegas Mansion homes he had this built from scratch
5-floyd.jpg

11290925_web1_9504kingsgate_aerials-104.jpg

This is Floyd Mayweathers 25 million Beverly Hills home
1000x-1.jpg

Before Conor fought Floyd, Conor was FAKE rich, he was faking the funk, RENTING fur coats, Lambos, Rolls Royces, fooling the gullible midwestern white boy and Irish lads with his fake persona

People believed he was worth over 50 million. Some were even saying Conor was making 20 plus million a fight.

He was demanding a portion of the UFC because he felt he wasn't getting paid right for generating the most income, so the only way for Dana White to satisfy Conor Mcnuggets without dipping into the UFC pocket was to let him fight Mayweather in boxing.

Dana even said it, he said Conor deserves it for all the fights he took for the UFC

Smart move by Dana he was able to give Conor 100 million without dipping into his own bank or the UFCs when he let him fight Mayweather.

And no, No UFC fighter who fights in UFC is making Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, or Joshua type money

If they were they would have a home like Floyd Mayweather Jr. this is one of Floyds newest Las Vegas Mansion homes he had this built from scratch
5-floyd.jpg

1000x-1.jpg
Yeah Floyd is the poster boy for materialism

It's easy to see what God he worships

Broke-ass MMA randoms desperately trying to ride Money Mayweather's coattails <Lmaoo>

I think Jorge should get the next shot at mayweather.....

Mayweather is passed his primefor fighting top boxers....he has nothing else to prove....

Give him a nice exhibition against Jorge.....the money fight 2....

Street Jesus vs TBE......cinco de mayo 2020....i bet you Jorge outsells Canelo....again.....

Yeah Floyd is the poster boy for materialism

It's easy to see what God he worships
What does it say about the UFC fighters chasing him for the $$$, its all about security man. Floyd is materialistic for sure just like Conor, but people want that financial security. I wouldn't boast or brag like Floyd but it would be nice to wake up to a massive mansion every morning.

I got bit of a closet racists vibe from Mitchell

Broke-ass MMA randoms desperately trying to ride Money Mayweather's coattails <Lmaoo>

They want to be like Chino Maidana and get paid in racks
composite-boxing-landscape.jpg

This what they want Floyd holding multiple racks of 100k in Benjamins. a cool 1 million in crisp bills.

5-floyd.jpg

1000x-1.jpg

The home in Vegas sure is Floyd's home. A multi-million dollar home protected by a $1000 chain link fence from TSC. Lol. Looks ripe for the picking. Jack Woltz would be proud.

Yeah its so cringy and embarrassing when they are calling him out for a boxing fight. No one in UFC can beat him in a boxing match, they would be a complete and utter punching bags, and just punch the air themselves. Floyd would clown them all.. and the only chance they got is to beat Floyd on Fight Night Champion or Fight Night 3 , they don't even make boxing games for the next gen consoles sadly, so they gonna have to get out the good ole fashioned XBOX 360 and PS3 so they can live out their fantasy.

I think Jorge should get the next shot at mayweather.....

Mayweather is passed his primefor fighting top boxers....he has nothing else to prove....

Give him a nice exhibition against Jorge.....the money fight 2....

Street Jesus vs TBE......cinco de mayo 2020....i bet you Jorge outsells Canelo....again.....
Why would Floyd fight a threat? He won't box Jorge because Jorge knows how to box, he will box Khabib for bigger money in Saudi Arabia or Dubai.

Back