Khabib VS Izzy popularity

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I’ve noticed some comments that Izzy is officially one of the biggest stars in the UFC ahead of Khabib. Luke Thomas made a great point about relative popularity between Khabib and Adesanya. They were both at the Ruiz-Joshua 2 in Saudi Arabia and every single broadcast cut away to Khabib multiple times when showing all the celebrities in attendance, Adesanya was there but got ZERO coverage. Nobody in the boxing community even knew he was there or who he was lol.

Izzy is a star amongst hardcores, casuals don’t know him from Adam. That seriously puts a cap on his PPV numbers today IMo. Let’s not pretend he’s a huge star quite yet.

Khabib is still living off Conors red panties night...
Is normal.

Khabib is a world wide phenomenon, Izzy is not

Israel will become more popular when comes out of the closet and the gay community gets behind him
I think Izzy will be a huge star one day, but seems like people are jumping the gun a bit and overestimating his stardom right now

Obviously Khabib is the bigger star atm. Destroying Conor like he did basically made him as big a star as Conor. Izzy's getting pretty big in pop culture. He's making connections with different celebrities. I don't expect many people who browse this forum to know that though.

Obviously Khabib is the bigger star atm. Destroying Conor like he did basically made him as big a star as Conor. Izzy's getting pretty big in pop culture. He's making connections with different celebrities. I don't expect many people who browse this forum to know that though.
Celebrities that follow mma know him, but the general populace knows nothing about him. Partially because he hasn’t had that main rivalry yet. Rivalries are probably the best thing for cross over appeal. That’s why khabib is where he is.

Izzy is a star amongst hardcores, casuals don’t know him from Adam.

tumblr_lxtbesn9p11rn2y3ao1_400.png

Virtually identical imho.

Khabib is still living off Conors red panties night...
Is normal.
Khabib is getting the Gulf Arab crude oil money, Conor is a wage worker compared to the type of people Khabib rubs shoulders with these days.

Izzy is getting more popular as all loud mouth fighters usually do in this day and age.

But, he isn't more popular than Khabib yet, and definitely not making as much money as him.

Amongst the hardcores the margins between the two arent so big. In the mainstream obviously Khabib is a lot bigger because of muslims, Russia and his involvement with Conor. I still think Khabibs stardom tends to be a bit exaggerated though, if you dont live in Russia or a muslim country hes not that big a deal, and his stardom doesnt seem to be translating into big PPV numbers, ticket sales etc.

Amongst the hardcores the margins between the two arent so big. In the mainstream obviously Khabib is a lot bigger because of muslims, Russia and his involvement with Conor. I still think Khabibs stardom tends to be a bit exaggerated though, if you dont live in Russia or a muslim country hes not that big a deal, and his stardom doesnt seem to be translating into big PPV numbers, ticket sales etc.
There’s no way to confirm his PPV numbers, so it’s not true that he’s not getting huge numbers. mMA media generally concluded that from traffic they got at UFC 242 probably meant the numbers were really impressive, and ufc confirmed this. But there is no way to confirm either way.

Adesanya is not a superstar and stop with this"izzy" shit, israel is just 6 letters is not needed retards.

I’ve noticed some comments that Izzy is officially one of the biggest stars in the UFC ahead of Khabib. Luke Thomas made a great point about relative popularity between Khabib and Adesanya. They were both at the Ruiz-Joshua 2 in Saudi Arabia and every single broadcast cut away to Khabib multiple times when showing all the celebrities in attendance, Adesanya was there but got ZERO coverage. Nobody in the boxing community even knew he was there or who he was lol.

Izzy is a star amongst hardcores, casuals don’t know him from Adam. That seriously puts a cap on his PPV numbers today IMo. Let’s not pretend he’s a huge star quite yet.

I think Khabib's "popularity" is mostly from people who are muslim because he is also a muslim. He's not even that popular in Russia

Only cAuse he beat conor conor that no one knew him other than mma insiders

Khabib's ppv did over a million and 25 million viewers tuned in in Russia.

It's not even close. Khabib also has 18 million IG followers, where is Israel? Did he hit a million yet?

It takes time and a opponent who people want to watch get destroyed to make a star.

Izzy has had neither yet.

Only cAuse he beat conor conor that no one knew him other than mma insiders
This is pretty false. Khabib was more popular on Instagram than any other fighter in UFC history besides Ronda and Conor BEFORE he destroyed Conor.

In the US people don't realize his international fame has always been up there because of Russia and muslim countries.

I think Khabib's "popularity" is mostly from people who are muslim because he is also a muslim. He's not even that popular in Russia
The most popular Russian on all of instagram and the number 1 athlete on Forbes Russia not popular in Russia?

Good god the ignorance in here.

Last edited:
Firstly, khabib consistently is #1 in most influential Russian celebrities lists (by Russian publications), so the idea that he isn’t popular in Russia is horseshit. Secondly, the anecdote Thomas gave was about broadcasters in the West who all recognize Khabib and yet no one knows Izzy. So it’s not about Muslim countries, within western countries he’s incredibly well known by non mma watchers now (relative to other mma stars).

There’s no way to confirm his PPV numbers, so it’s not true that he’s not getting huge numbers. mMA media generally concluded that from traffic they got at UFC 242 probably meant the numbers were really impressive, and ufc confirmed this. But there is no way to confirm either way.

Traffic doesnt mean much in regards to PPV numbers becaue in all likelihood most of that traffic is coming from places that dont show the UFC on ppv anyway. We will never know, but I have a hard time believing Khabib/Poirier did a killer buyrate. Back when buys were still made public the only other PPV Khabib main evented without Conor did 350k, which is pretty much the average.

Back