Does Porier always beAt Max Holloway?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just wondering your thoughts. In the rematch earlier this year... Did Max get rocked early, which led to his under performance? Or do you think that Dustin is just better and beats him 10/10 ?

Last edited:
You mean beat. And it does appear the Dustin has his number.

It appears that way. Holloway had nothing for poirier.

Holloway is mediocre against fighters his own size... hence the grueling weight cut to MANLET Division.

Max getting rocked, Poirer's lack of respect for Max's punches, and Poirier's Guard just shut down Holloway's whole game.

Just wondering your thoughts. In the rematch earlier this year... Did Max get rocked early, which led to his under performance? Or do you think that Dustin is just better and bets him 10/10 ?

If max switched game plan he could win easily I think. He Is a small LW and tried to throw down with Dustin and got cracked. There were moments max dominated in the fight if people forgot.

i got dustin but ill be rooting for max. looking at max's streak i think dustin beats everyone aswell with the only trouble coming from aldo. also i think dustin has the ground advantage.

if max can keep his footwork and speed the same at lw this could be FOTY

was a great fight. if dustin isnt the favorite against max something is wrong

blows my mind max was the favorite and most fighter/analysts were picking him. made no sense when you look at the match up. this was clear as day a win for dustin dana should have just asked me.
"vs who? porrier?........yeah thats gonna be a no for me dog".

was crazy people thought max could best tony

no it was always clear to those not blind. its a horrible match up

The thing is, it looked like Dustin and Max were quite on the same level boxing and cardio wise, but Poirier punched WAY harder. Unfortunately, Max would have to put some weight behind his punches to really make the difference, when his style is already not based on punching power.

Why is everyone saying Porier dominated Max?

I remember it being a close contest.

It wasn't all that close. Dustin rocked Max multiple times in different rounds. Only towards the end did it look like Max was beginning to work his way back into the fight as Dustin began to slow down a bit.

You mean beat. And it does appear the Dustin has his number.
This.. some guys just have ur number no matter the overall skill gap or strength gap.

Liek whats his face that submitted prime Matt hughes in seconds twice. and i think he beat him in wrestling before MMA as well(not certain on this one)

So stupid they wanted max to copy conor double champ hes hes not as great as Conor

Max would have a better chance if he was less hittable.

yep just like Pettis always beats Ben henderson and Mir always beats Big Nog. Styles make fights.

Because the most memorable moments came from Poirier but yes it was a lot closer than most suggest.

Styles make fights.

Dustin has Max’s number and I believe he would most encounters after the way he won first two times. At least while they are both in the same athletic “prime” as one another.

Back