Kamaru v colby

Kono dio da!

Giorno's Father
@red
Reaction score
I can totally see colby winning easily. But I think kamaru wins. One of the arguments I've seen is the cardio. I don't get it. Kamaru has never gassed or looked in trouble. Everyone says colby never gasses. He really slowed down in rd 4 vs rda and has looked more vulnerable than kamaru. Kamaru has never been taken down. Colby is d1 but he was taken down and controlled a leetle bit by rda. If usman takes him down, he can gnp and control him, open an ugly cut or even work to a submission. I don't know guys, real talk, why are people downplaying the legit threat kamaru poses to everyone? Parting thought all this cardio talk, I can easily see the argument that colby has better cardio but kamaru is able to explode and outmuscle grown men for five rounds. Everything he throws is thrown with power and bad intentions, whilst colby doesn't commit much. Kamaru's style is more labour intensive. And striking wise, neither guy can recklessly throw 600 strikes.

I want Kamaru to win but I honestly don't see how he has a chance here

Colby is a better version of him in literally every way.

I can totally see colby winning easily. But I think kamaru wins. One of the arguments I've seen is the cardio. I don't get it. Kamaru has never gassed or looked in trouble. Everyone says colby never gasses. He really slowed down in rd 4 vs rda and has looked more vulnerable than kamaru. Kamaru has never been taken down. Colby is d1 but he was taken down and controlled a leetle bit by rda. If usman takes him down, he can gnp and control him, open an ugly cut or even work to a submission. I don't know guys, real talk, why are people downplaying the legit threat kamaru poses to everyone? Parting thought all this cardio talk, I can easily see the argument that colby has better cardio but kamaru is able to explode and outmuscle grown men for five rounds. Everything he throws is thrown with power and bad intentions, whilst colby doesn't commit much. Kamaru's style is more labour intensive. And striking wise, neither guy can recklessly throw 600 strikes.
I think what people are saying is basically that even guys without cardio issues (never seen Usman to have them) may have trouble keeping up with a ridiculous pace like colby keeps. For example I don't think Brian Ortega has especially poor conditioning but Max Holloway's style was just relentless there and caused him to expend all his energy trying to keep him off of him. IMO the best path to victory for Usman is to try to use a jab and keep him at range. In a messy inside wrestling scrap, I slightly favor Covington.

I think what people are saying is basically that even guys without cardio issues (never seen Usman to have them) may have trouble keeping up with a ridiculous pace like colby keeps. For example I don't think Brian Ortega has especially poor conditioning but Max Holloway's style was just relentless there and caused him to expend all his energy trying to keep him off of him. IMO the best path to victory for Usman is to try to use a jab and keep him at range. In a messy inside wrestling scrap, I slightly favor Covington.
I get all that but remember jorge nate and Poirier holloway. All four fighters have good cardio. I think three of them have Greta cardio. But the two more powerful fighters were able to keep their more energetic opponents at bay. I mean for instance, if usman clinches colby and does him like did Woodley... And he's unable to able to escape. All that cardio means dick now. The other thing is holloway threw 400 strikes and got the finish, colby 600. No finish. I don't like power punchers and these ko artists myself, unless there's some method behind it. But come on guys you hit your opponent 600 times something should eventually stick. Dos anjos got the same result with less strikes. Long story short. Colby is inefficient. I got usman edging him out. Colby is probably the most difficult opponent he'll ever face but I just don't see his shtick working on usman personally. It's holloway Poirier all over again
Ps remember colby did gas against Dos anjos and Dos anjos did keep up. Everyone else though not so much.

Two of the most cringeworthy trash talkers and two of the most boring fighters in the division. I've never been more invested in a title fight; I simply can't wait!

yawn1.gif

Im betting on colby based on volume, the only thing that we have "proof" is that kamaru has more power then colby, but even there is not like he's a ko artist so in the end of the day we probably gonna have a striking battle, where one guy is hiting the other with one punch and the other is giving back 5 punches

I would love for Colby to win because I feel like he would fight all comers and fairly frequently.

Colby got nasal surgery after the RDA fight. As someone who has had ungodly amounts of fluid/snot removed from my nasal cavity, I can vouch that it makes a world of difference. Both in training & every day life.

I think the Lawler fight showed that more than anything else. That being said, this is a very close fight to call.

What good is having the best lungs in world if you can't do real damage to the other guy, other than to look fresher than him at the end of round 5.

Back