I'd like to make 3 points before UFC 245

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
3 things are on my mind regarding this card and I'd like to share them with you.

1. GDR is the perfect style to beat Amanda and if she doesn't beat her, nobody will. Also, Amanda certainly MUST wrestle in order to win this fight.

2. If Conor looked like hell making 145 and had the run that he had in that division, why can't Aldo look like hell right now and end up looking like a monster in the cage come Saturday night? Not saying he will or won't, just an interesting thing to consider IMO.

3. Yan is the only pick I'm 100% certain about. Yes, of course, it is MMA and anything can happen, but if I were a betting man, Petr mopping the floor with Faber would be my absolute best bet, just saying.

That's all, just wanted to share some of my thoughts prior to the card... Watcha think Sherscientists?

2. If Conor looked like hell making 145 and had the run that he had in that division, why can't Aldo look like hell right now and end up looking like a monster in the cage come Saturday night? Not saying he will or won't, just an interesting thing to consider IMO.
Weren't IVs allowed when Conor was at featherweight? Because IVs help you reduce things like getting chinny because of a lot cutted weight to almost zero % compared to cutting loads of weight with not using IVs, AFAIK.

Last edited:
I agree

Yan is about as close to a lock as you're ever going to see in MMA

3. Yan is the only pick I'm 100% certain about. Yes, of course, it is MMA and anything can happen, but if I were a betting man, Petr mopping the floor with Faber would be my absolute best bet, just saying.

That's all, just wanted to share some of my thoughts prior to the card... Watcha think Sherscientists?

Lol I agree with you 100% on Yan. Unfortunately if bet serious money on it I wouldn’t enjoy the night at all and would be terrified during the fight lmao.

1. GDR is like Valentina. She has been kickboxing for so long she has perfect, efficient striking technique, but the scary thing is that Nunes is more athletic and still hits harder and showed us some new tricks in her last fight. I predict Nunes holding her own in the stand up and working her way to a UD if she doesn't stop it on the ground.

2. Conor was much younger than Jose and not everyone can cut the same amount of weight. Rumble Johnson used to cut 35-40 pounds to make Welterweight, whereas Khabib was hospitalized for cutting 20-25 pounds. Aldo is older and I expect him to be coming in a little slimmer for this next fight.

3. Faber is just looking for a payday. I'm surprised he took this fight because he is already wealthy and he could've opted for someone less dangerous.

I think the perfect style to beat Amanda will be someone like Cat Zingano (her last loss), someone who can keep her down and maintain top control.

I'll agree with the other 2 points, but I'm still praying for Aldo.

3. Faber is just looking for a payday. I'm surprised he took this fight because he is already wealthy and he could've opted for someone less dangerous.

Or he can't handle getting old and wants to prove he could still do it?

Anyone can be KO'd or submitted and especially Amanda Nunes ... but I'm not convinced GDR will be the one

Looking forward to the Plat Perry / Geoff Neal matchup more than any of the main card fights

Last edited:
1. I don't agree with that, and we saw what happened the first time they fought. Things are all good on the feet, but it's when things shift into other phases that her skills aren't up to snuff with Amanda's. I'd say Valentina has a more ideal style with how well-rounded and quick she is, she just lacks the size and dimensions to really maximize on it.

2. Conor wasn't older and out of his prime when he was at 145. Aldo is. It'd be cool to see him have success, but the crazy thing is that I don't even think he'll have the type of size advantage at 135 that Conor had at 145.

3. Can't disagree with that one. Faber got a fortunate break putting away Simon like he did, but I think Yan is comfortably above him at this point.

1. GDR is the perfect style to beat Amanda and if she doesn't beat her, nobody will. Also, Amanda certainly MUST wrestle in order to win this fight.

Yeah, I think everyone is overlooking GDR. She has the striking to beat Nunes. Nunes is great, but I don't think she's quite as crisp. I can see GDR landing hard, clean, straight shots down the middle and getting a finish. Nunes can get just a little too wild when the hands start flying.

I think she could win a lot easier on the ground, but I also think Nunes won't go for that. She seems so focused on striking nowadays that she'll want to keep it standing and prove that she's the better striker than GDR.

I think the main thing Y’all are forgetting with Aldo is that for the longest time his style was to do absolutely fuck all
Sure he can do that even being depleted

Yan is going to execute Faber I just hope to god he doesn’t get too cocky

Nunes got wobbled by Holly Holm's punch in their fight, something to note.

3 things are on my mind regarding this card and I'd like to share them with you.

If Aldo was young and not shop worn I think he could be champ at bw but he's old and has lost quite a bit of speed. Bantamweights are going to be so much faster than him.

Good post! Not refuting your points, just adding some thoughts.

1. Yes, GDR has a good style to beat Amanda on the feet. An open question is what happens if Amanda chooses to wrestle. In their first match Nunes got GDR to the ground and won via TKO (elbows) in round one. Granted that was six years ago. Nunes lost her next fight to Zingano and hasn't lost since. And GDR hasn't lost since that loss to Nunes!

2. Agree. What concerns me more is that Aldo's speed and quickness seem to have slightly diminished. Hope I'm wrong. He's one of my all-time favorites and I'll be rooting for him.

3. Yeah I think Yan should win. I'm never 100% certain about any fight. I'm glad I don't bet.

there's no more IVs bro ... aldo will get KOed stiff

I think GDR has the potential to win and I expect that to be a great fight. So you make a good point there.
Aldo is old and desperate for a title. Moving down when you are older is not a good move. Speed will be an issue so I don't agree with point #2. I'm hoping that Yan not only wins but KO's Faber. It's not easing KOing someone with a bionic chin but a guy can hope. It's a great card and all questions will be answered in the cage. Just my 4 cents (inflation).

3. Yes I think Yan wins, but I have huge respect for Faber taking that fight. He is fighting one of the toughest guys in the division, despite him not having a big name, that takes some serious balls. If all he was after was a payday he could've angled for a fight with someone like Dodson or Assuncao, or even Edgar who's 37 years old. All ranked, all bigger names, all easier fights.

I think the perfect style to beat Amanda will be someone like Cat Zingano (her last loss), someone who can keep her down and maintain top control.

I'll agree with the other 2 points, but I'm still praying for Aldo.

So we are looking for a BW version of Tatiana Suarez, I'm not sure there's one out there tbh.

My responses to each:
1. Interesting that you should say that. I've had a funny feeling about this fight as well. GDR has skills and she seems to be in a really good place right now. Also, they say its harder to keep the belt than to get it and Nunes has had it for quite a while now. She is due to start having issues with complacency and lose her edge. I'm curious if you could elaborate as to why GDR has the perfect style to beat Nunes given her grappling inferiority though.

2. I agree completely with you about Aldo and the weight thing. I have a hard time picking him because of his 'fight age', but not because of the weight. Everyone seems to rate how much weight a fighter can lose for a fight based on severe weight cutting via dehydration but if its done over weeks or months in an intelligent manner by restricting calories, the human body can lose a ton of weight reasonably safely.

3. You just made me feel that much better about my upcoming weekend action. wagers.png Who you picking Colby/Usman? I originally considered that one a throwaway bet but I'm starting to get a bit more hopeful.

Back