Does anyone remember Reyes vs OSP?

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Reyes knocked OPS out at the very end of round 3, just when OSP was falling on the ground bell rang before any kind of referee intervention. Mirgliotta was reffing that fight too. And That fight went to decision. In that context Mirgliotta must have taken more than 4 sec to call that Overeem fight off. So why didn't it go to decision?

Last edited:
Big Dan gets a pass from the Kongo / Barry fight

Big Dan doesn't have a stopwatch inside his mind :D

Even if that's the case, we didn't hear the bell. It must have taken him more than 4 sec to reach to Overeem & then call the fight off.

Dan is the worst ref in MMA and has been for a while

BCHY5TH.gif

It really wasn’t a big deal guys

Arnold Allen knocked out his opponent cold......
giphy.gif

And it went to a decision......
<{hughesimpress}>
Robbery mane... Should've been a Majority Draw....

It seems Rosenstruik called it in the same time Dan rushed in. Usually I would favor two judgements over one.. But Overeem got back up immediately. He was winning the fight and there was 4 seconds to go

I think Rosenstruik called the fight and Big Goofball was happy to call a KO after 24 minutes

Right or wrong this isn't what the consumer wants

Reyes was robbed of a knockout win for sure

Man he put a clinic on OSP, really best his ass badly from pillar to post. No one has thoroughly beat the shit out of OSP that badly bell to bell

Even if that's the case, we didn't hear the bell. It must have taken him more than 4 sec to reach to Overeem & then call the fight off.
His mistake was not giving Reyes a ko win at 4:59.5.
At 4:56 Rozenstruik could have seriously hurt reem with follow up shots while dan yelling to stop. Dan doesn't have to reach reem for the fight to end if he signals it's over it's officially over, reaching them is for fighter safety incase Rozenstruik doesn’t hear him.

It seems Rosenstruik called it in the same time Dan rushed in. Usually I would favor two judgements over one.. But Overeem got back up immediately. He was winning the fight and there was 4 seconds to go

I think Rosenstruik called the fight and Big Goofball was happy to call a KO after 24 minutes

Right or wrong this isn't what the consumer wants
It's not Rozenstruik's job to call the fight though. I think his kickboxing instincts kicked in and he forgot he was allowed to follow up.

Judging by the fact he refused to touch gloves at the start of the bout for no reason whatsoever, I don't think he walked off because he was being nice.

This 4 seconds left logic is retarded and can only come from non fighters:

1.) Big Dan isn't some walking clock that knows whether there's 4 seconds or 40 seconds to go every time.

2. Four seconds is enough to kill someone you've dropped, especially if it's Overeem and especially if you're Jai-Roze

3. Rozenstruik stopped the fight before Dan got to him. The contest was over. Sure Overeem got up a second later but it's only coz J-Roze stopped punching.

4. We came to see a fight happening naturally. It's not like we specifically came to see Overeem going to sleep. Your opponent doesn't have to be out cold to warrant a stoppage via strikes.

It's not Rozenstruik's job to call the fight though. I think his kickboxing instincts kicked in and he forgot he was allowed to follow up.

Judging by the fact he refused to touch gloves at the start of the bout for no reason whatsoever, I don't think he walked off because he was being nice.

Bro he has dropped people before and followed up several times. And he was also on the receiving end of vicious GnP from the Reem earlier in the fight. Kickboxing instincts my ass.

Sherdoggers are simple guys sometimes.

I dont know- maybe cause he fell like a redwood and his face looked like a horror flick slasher prop. IDK ...just throwing it out there.
You sherdoggers should become referees ( hell - youd probably make more than a mid tier ,lol )

Back