Volkanovski and new ?

Vincentsky

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
As a huge Max Halloway fan I am a little bit worried, Alex has great cardio which has been one of Max’s strengths against opponents who fade and can’t keep up with his pace, he’s very well rounded and powerful and most importantly hungry.

After seeing the Poirier fight it is obvious max isn’t as untouchable as we thought he is, and the holes that showed in his game during that fight in my opinions are holes that Volkanovski with his power and athleticism can possibly exploit.

Does Alexander Volkanovski have what it takes to stop the blessed express ??

Max via narrow split decision.
Mark my words Sherdoggers!!!! Bless express ain't over.

Yes he does have what it takes but max is blessed baby. Im happy with whoever but im leaning towards volk

As a huge Max Halloway fan I am a little bit worried, Alex has great cardio which has been one of Max’s strengths against opponents who fade and can’t keep up with his pace, he’s very well rounded and powerful and most importantly hungry.

After seeing the Poirier fight it is obvious max isn’t as untouchable as we thought he is, and the holes that showed in his game during that fight in my opinions are holes that Volkanovski with his power and athleticism can possibly exploit.

Does Alexander Volkanovski have what it takes to stop the blessed express ??
It’s hard to imagine Holloway having room to strike if volkanovski comes in with the same gameplan he had for aldo. You’ve got volk who’s looked dominant and max who for the first time in years has shown some weakness so it makes sense to lean towards volk, which I personally am.

I just hope he doesn't bore me to death like he did against Aldo...

Tend to think that the Ozzies size isnt as big as Dustin and won't be able to bully Max like he did.

Volkanovski is a very game opponent and it's not an easy fight. Porier is larger than Volanovski, hits harder, and has better boxing though.

It's going to come down to the clinch and grappling transitions from Volk, but Holloway is very good at those. he dealt with Edgar's technique, which is better than Volk, so as long as he is ok with Volk's physicality then he should be fine. He's much better at boxing and even if Volk has good cardio, Max's nasty body shots can change that in a single round.

Max will win. Volkanovski is good, but people are basing Max possibly losing off of Max taking a beating at the hands of Poirier. Poirier is one of the biggest hitters at '55 and while Max was certainly rocked, he was never in danger of going out, and was still slangin' and bangin' up to end. The only reason why people are having second thoughts about Max is because on the whole, people overrate how good a division 145 is and were shocked when 145er that everyone screamed was one of the best ever (Max) got beaten by a 155er that wasn't a champion (Poirier). Max is still better than the overwhelming majority of 145n pounders in the world, including Volkanovski, but would just be a middle of the road guy at '55.

Probably not. It feels like at FW Max can't even be hurt lol. The bombs I've seen him take without going down, or even slowing down, proves to me he's just to big for majority of fighters at FW

I got volkanovski in a back and forth war, probably 48-47 or 49-46. I expect both of them to get their kicks in, byt i think volkanovski will be just a little too much for max too handle.

Volkanovski has brute force and endurance, but this ain't enough. Max easy 49-46.

I think Volk has the best chance of the 3 challengers that night but I still thank Max gets it done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back