Did the UFC do Matt Wiman dirty?

Ying Li

Yo mama
@red
Reaction score
Older Vet coming off a 4 year layoff and he's facing a young prime wrestler twice his size. He should be fighting an older vet.

If the UFC thinks the fan base wants to see vets in these fights they're wrong. Match older vets with eachother and if they get a streak then maybe feed them to a younger lion, but at least let these guys have competitive fights.

Poor matchmaking.

I think they only matched him up at all because of a contractual obligation.

Veteran fights are for Bellator, if you want to be in the UFC you have to be ready for anyone.

Poor matchmaking.

i always liked matt wiman, but his best days are far behind him. i dont think there's a single good matchup in the ufc for him at this stage of his career.

Wiman is a headcase

Look into it, the more you know, the more you know

He has few friends in the business

I agree.

Unless they are current contenders I think the old vets should be fighting in an unofficial senior division.

* if they want to fight a young buck to tear themselves or have beef then that’s fine, I just don’t like vets being used as stepping stones to make a name for new guys, I get it is part of the sport but it is somewhat unethical imho.

he was supposed to get finished and put over the new guy.

He lost to Pena in June 2019. How is it a 4 year lay off from June 2019 to dec 2019?

what am I missing

You may want to change your OP, (don’t forget my credit)

This guy Wiman fought did not look like a world beater to me. He looked so slow and his stance reminded me of Penn from the third Edgar fight.

Just looked all around bad and not competitive

I agree with the veterans should be fighting veterans then if successful throw them in with the young prospects. Handsome Matt is almost getting the Bj Penn treatment upon his return. UFC tried to so that with Aldo in Moicano after the Stephens fight, Aldo just showed he still got it.

They gave him a guy making his debut, what more could he ask for? Someone that's 0-2? Wiman just doesn't have anything anymore.

His stance was all sorts of fucked and his strikes were depressing to see.

Foo Im a vet you can bet I can dance underwater and not get wet.

It’s the business

And it’s exactly what I’d do with him too

Didn't do him dirty, I saw some interview where he said UFC offered him a bunch of guys coming off losses, but he said he wanted a guy with some momentum.

I agree with the veterans should be fighting veterans then if successful throw them in with the young prospects. Handsome Matt is almost getting the Bj Penn treatment upon his return. UFC tried to so that with Aldo in Moicano after the Stephens fight, Aldo just showed he still got it.

I disagree with this, it shouldn't be what the UFC is about. It should be about the best fighting the best, if a fighter wants Veteran matches there are plenty of organisations that will give them some.

That's what he gets for having a shitty nickname.

Older Vet coming off a 4 year layoff and he's facing a young prime wrestler twice his size. He should be fighting an older vet.

If the UFC thinks the fan base wants to see vets in these fights they're wrong. Match older vets with eachother and if they get a streak then maybe feed them to a younger lion, but at least let these guys have competitive fights.

Poor matchmaking.
Probably likes to fight. Probably just for the paycheck in MMA and the UFC pays the most.
Some fighters just like to fight whether it be to be the best or I think in Wimans case because they really just know fighting as opposed to working at Wendys or Subway. Some fighters just dont want to become barbers, work construction or be an accountant. It looks funner IMO.
It is what it is.

Back