tumblr_o39ebhG6Ju1u2ragso4_r1_250.gif

Not a TKO

CarelessLittleAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

TKO

4.gif

Not a TKO

A0V3Os5.gif

KO

The walk off puts the ref in a weird spot. Not saying it’s an easy job but that’s why they should allow a bit more review afterwards for ambiguous situations.

Better language in the rules and educating refs is a good start.

Reem one was great because he didnt call it based on getting droppey/opponent wall away

He stopped it when he saw reem stumbling into the cage, unable to intelligently defend himself

Lets also be impressed with The Reems chin here, seriously.

Look at the fucking shot Bigi Boy lands on The Reem. Bigi Boy has been turning lights off with weird gracing shots and look how he is absolutely launching his body flying forward into that punch and The Reem was still able to regain conciousness rather quickly

Not a TKO

TKO

4.gif

Not a TKO

A0V3Os5.gif

KO

The walk off puts the ref in a weird spot. Not saying it’s an easy job but that’s why they should allow a bit more review afterwards for ambiguous situations.
It’s tough cause no one wants to be a Brendan Schaub right? But at the same time you want to finish your fight. It’s supposed to be the refs job to stop it but sometimes it just happens too fast. Idk I don’t think well ever get it 100% right but we can start by not walking off and looking at the ref before walking away.
There’s a middle ground between last night and this:
FavoriteDisastrousBison-size_restricted.gif

Lets also be impressed with The Reems chin here, seriously.

Look at the fucking shot Bigi Boy lands on The Reem. Bigi Boy has been turning lights off with weird gracing shots and look how he is absolutely launching his body flying forward into that punch and The Reem was still able to regain conciousness rather quickly

Well Reem has been harder

It’s tough cause no one wants to be a Brendan Schaub right? But at the same time you want to finish your fight. It’s supposed to be the refs job to stop it but sometimes it just happens too fast. Idk I don’t think well ever get it 100% right but we can start by not walking off and looking at the ref before walking away.
There’s a middle ground between last night and this:
FavoriteDisastrousBison-size_restricted.gif
I just think you have to keep going. I’m not sure if it was a strategic move last night because Roz needed a finish.

Some punches are a bit unnecessary but in order to avoid a premature stoppage, a fighter should be compelled to keep fighting.

Keep hitting until the ref stops you

As many follow up shots as it takes until the ref pries you off

I just think you have to keep going. I’m not sure if it was a strategic move last night because Roz needed a finish.

Some punches are a bit unnecessary but in order to avoid a premature stoppage, a fighter should be compelled to keep fighting.
I get what your saying but devils advocate, if you want fans you shouldn’t. if Rozenstruik keeps going here he’s got 3-5 seconds on reem to do whatever he wants. That’s not what we want right? We want there to be some discretion of behalf of the fighter to be responsible for their weapons. I think if you give people the green light you get some really disturbing situations.

half the time when these come up it’s because the refs not in a great spot. Last night dan was on the wrong side and was halfway across the octagon.

Let Reem say something about this. Wait he can't.

Silva finshed Bisping but he also showed up the ref by jumping on the cage. Bisping took forever to get back up, should've been stopped. Silva should've hit him with one more shot and let the ref call it.

Keep hitting until the ref stops you

As many follow up shots as it takes until the ref pries you off
Right. But if you need a KO to win and you have 5 seconds left.... the walk off could get you a TKO like last night. If Roz followed up and wasn’t able to completely KO Reem, he loses a decision.

It’s tough cause no one wants to be a Brendan Schaub right? But at the same time you want to finish your fight.

It's not tough at all. You stare the guy down until the ref stops it or tells you to keep fighting.

3NoiR.gif

3Noib.gif

Oh look. Miragliotta again. What a shock.

Not a TKO

TKO

4.gif

Not a TKO

A0V3Os5.gif

KO

Herb is overrated but he does a great job in these situations

mir kept eye contact, he could have continued i believe

Right. But if you need a KO to win and you have 5 seconds left.... the walk off could get you a TKO like last night. If Roz followed up and wasn’t able to completely KO Reem, he loses a decision.

If that's really the case, then it absolutely proves it was a bad stoppage, first because the ref was influenced by the walkoff, and second because the downed fighter would have been defending. And if it's not the case and the fighter does get the KO afterward, then letting the fight continue led to a clear result, not a questionable one, and was the right call.

Not a TKO

TKO

4.gif

Not a TKO

A0V3Os5.gif

KO

Refs should know what a Knockout is.
Dan yesterday royally fucked up.

Referees should do better. They are inconsistent as fuck, and it only harms MMA.

I get what your saying but devils advocate, if you want fans you shouldn’t. if Rozenstruik keeps going here he’s got 3-5 seconds on reem to do whatever he wants. That’s not what we want right? We want there to be some discretion of behalf of the fighter to be responsible for their weapons. I think if you give people the green light you get some really disturbing situations.

half the time when these come up it’s because the refs not in a great spot. Last night dan was on the wrong side and was halfway across the octagon.
I'm so glad Rozenstruik didn't land a good few more. Credit to Rozenstruik for holding back. Could well have been a situation like Hendo doing a full body weight flying forearm slam onto Bispings chin or even a Masvidal on a clearly unconscious Asken. He could have seriously done irreparable damage.

Reem one was great because he didnt call it based on getting droppey/opponent wall away

He stopped it when he saw reem stumbling into the cage, unable to intelligently defend himself

Defend himself from what though? The ref? His opponent was nowhere near him at the time of the stoppage.

Back