Reem thread

faustian

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I’ve been watching since early Pride and what I can say about this guy is that he’s always present. A billion pro fights and he’s still there. I have no idea how he does it. An absolute warrior on every level.

Def needs to retire . How many fights are left on his contract?

Maybe the benefits of abusing PED all these years?

idk man, last I checked he was getting that Mark Hunt money. Tough to hang em' up when the cash is there for the taking.
Well, it depends if he favors money and CTE over less money and keeping what's left of his brain.

Overeem has been knocked out so many times in his career, it can't be good. Especially at HW where dudes hit like a truck.

Well, it depends if he favors money and CTE over less money and keeping what's left of his brain.

Overeem has been knocked out so many times in his career, it can't be good. Especially at HW where dudes hit like a truck.
17x in total. 14 in mma and 3 kickboxing. Most of those were out cold ko's too.

Reems horse meat jerky could be his George Foreman grill when he finally gives up the gloves.

17x in total. 14 in mma and 3 kickboxing. Most of those were out cold ko's too.
Goddamn. That's more times than some fighters have fights.

I wonder what's worst in terms of CTE.. Getting KO'd by a HW or getting KO'd in the weight classes below where weight cut is a factor..

I agree. But if Reem feels fine now (even if he won't in 10-20 years) then I assume he is going to keep fighting, no matter what those around him, or us fans, think. If he is still fighting in 2019, he probably thinks there is zero problem with the damage he's taken. Add that to the money he is making, and I don't see him retiring any time soon, unfortunately.

I wonder what's worst in terms of CTE.. Getting KO'd by a HW or getting KO'd in the weight classes below where weight cut is a factor..
Or getting into long wars rather than kos. Like diego Sanchez has like 2 or 3 ko losses but his brain is pure scramble from being able to take so many shots before getting koed

Or getting into long wars rather than kos. Like diego Sanchez has like 2 or 3 ko losses but his brain is pure scramble from being able to take so many shots before getting koed
I didn't think of that, but yea, long wars is probably worse.

Especially ones that have several knockdowns/wobbly moments but the fighter manages to survive and continues to take damage.

Travis fulton has 36 ko losses. That's way more than a lot of fighters have fights

Long wars might actually be worse.

Especially ones that have several knockdowns/wobbly moments but the fighter manages to survive.
I honestly believe so. Getting out out cold is bad but your body does this to protect you from repeated blows. Kos look bad but I really think the sanchez and gaethjes will suffer more.

I honestly believe so. Getting out out cold is bad but your body does this to protect you from repeated blows. Kos look bad but I really think the sanchez and gaethjes will suffer more.
Yep. Both of them seem to be showing signs. Especially Sanchez. The guy has been around since TUF 1.

I've always been a fan. The guy comes to fight every time. Hopefully last night was a wake up call that he's not getting anywhere near a UFC belt and he just retires. Apparently he wants a UFC belt and that's the only reason he's still fighting...retire, dammit!

Yep. Both of them seem to be showing signs. Especially Sanchez. The guy has been around since TUF 1.
That's crazy to think about. Remember when he went on a stretch where he should have lost 7 in a row but got gifted 3 split decisions? Kampman gomi and person

Back