Reem looked horrible the whole fight

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score
I am probably one of the biggest Reem fans here but lets be real
He was extremely hesitant the whole fight , throwing looping punches which led to him being open, his diving for takedowns were telegraphed and amateurish and you could see from the start what he is going to do.... he was slow , clinhc game unefective
I know he has more wins then losses recently but he really looked bad and diminished and I would say the same even if he won the fight, he looked even worse and sluggier than against Oleinik
He needs to have one more easier fight to go out on a higher note and live his life with his smoking hot wife, kids and dollars he made on his fat contract.

Reem bless

I agree. He had looked awful for years now. His 'elite striking' that Rogan tosses over constantly consists of a lunging chuck liddel hay maker every now and then, and thats pretty much it. Watch his old fights and he was totally different fighter. Feel sorry for him though 4 more seconds and it would have been a comfortable win.

I can never ever understand why EACH and EVERY time when his opponent unleashes Overeem seems to think that standing still is the best defence.

I agree. He had looked awful for years now. His 'elite striking' that Rogan tosses over constantly consists of a lunging chuck liddel hay maker every now and then, and thats pretty much it. Watch his old fights and he was totally different fighter. Feel sorry for him though 4 more seconds and it would have been a comfortable win.
Oh come on. This again, one loss and "that guy sucks".

Most important question, why the f did he keep his hands down last 10 secs? Also why did he back up. He literally threw the fight.

One thing is 100% sure. Betting on Overeem is not for the faint hearted :) emotions till the last second.

Hes trying to add more wrestling to his game its obvious
And its a good idea in general and for his brain he did well hes not done as a fighter hes still top tier

They need to let him juice and wear big ass gloves to protect that chin.

Well... i don't know... your description is correct, but it helped him winning most rounds. Without the last 10 seconds he would've won, period. Also without any doubt Rozenstruik has a WAY better chin (got hit flush by Overeems overhand and just took it)... where one of those from Rozenstruik on Alistairs chin would've been night night.

Yes it looks like shit, but it is actually effective against a fighter like Rozenstruik.
<Fedor23>

I remember a time when his opponents were scared to stand with him. He'll just take them in thaï clinch and destroy them with knees.

Reem is just not the same anymore.

He was fading off all of those looping over hands...

I don't need recall him getting hit as a result of the overhand.
Sure it looked timid, but he was landing shots and not taking shots. Call me crazy, but I think that might just be a strategy for fighting

I remember a time when his opponents were scared to stand with him. He'll just take them in thaï clinch and destroy them with knees.

Reem is just not the same anymore.

Ubereem ...

D36Yf50.gif

He was winning the fight. Two takedowns. Good G&P.
All I noticed negatively was that he was nowhere near as frequent in his striking than in the past.
It's funny how there are always haters coming out of the woodwork, telling people to retire after such losses.
MMA crowds have so much ADD.

He fights scared and his opponents don't fear him and his power, which is bad news for him.

Contrast that with Ubereem a few years ago when he was maybe the most dangerous guy in MMA.

He was fading off all of those looping over hands...

I don't need recall him getting hit as a result of the overhand.
Sure it looked timid, but he was landing shots and not taking shots. Call me crazy, but I think that might just be a strategy for fighting
You crazy...he looked gunshy and Rozencrack was there to be hit but Reems is too timid these days

What? Did you really think he was that bad compared to the low bar he's set in recent years.

His defense always looks like shit.
In the past his offense has also looked bad. We've seen him overly cautious, and we've seen him only throw weird attacks that put him at great risk (like against Ngannou)
This time though he had a decent offensive output.

I'm watching round 1-2 right now. Reem landed a good technical takedown, threw some decent punches that landed, a few body kicks, and didn't put himself too much at risk doing so.

Edit: okay in round 4-5 he looked really tied and was doing the same weird attacks that got him smashed against Ngannou.

Last edited:
I thought he looked great actually. He knew he couldn't just run through Roz, so he fought a very measured and technical fight and was winning for the better part of 24:50.

He gassed in the later rounds as always, but even then he looked better than he did against Blaydes or Werdum. He looked like he had been working his entire game for this fight.

They both looked unimpressive actually. Reem looked like the veteran trying to out experience his opponent, Rosenstrike looked like the guy tentative facing a crafty veteran.

Back