Pray for Overeem

Knockdown doesn’t = KO

At least that used to be MMA criteria...

I come from the era of the only way a fight will be stopped is tap out or knock out. So bad stoppage even though Reem had a bad cut. He got up quickly. I bet he thought the bell went off when he got hit and when he popped up Rozenstruik was walking to his corner so he tried the same. Ref looked very indecisive.

Knockdown doesn’t = KO

I come from the era of the only way a fight will be stopped is tap out or knock out. So bad stoppage even though Reem had a bad cut. He got up quickly. I bet he thought the bell went off when he got hit and when he popped up Rozenstruik was walking to his corner so he tried the same. Ref looked very indecisive.
if the event was outdoors and a seagull saw that shit it would have swooped down and picked overeems lip off his face. I mean Good lord y’all want a corpse or what.

if the event was outdoors and a seagull saw that shit it would have swooped down and picked overeems lip off his face. I mean Good lord y’all want a corpse or what.
Like I said in the early days of the UFC and MMA it was tap out of knock out. Reem popped up pretty quickly. Crazy to be honest. I’ll add a pic in a sec.
CarelessLittleAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

that’s relatively quick. I don’t care if his legs are wobbly they should be he just ate a bomb and stood up. If he was able to grab a single and hold on he wins the fight but his opponent was walking away.

He was legit out on the way down he woke back up when his big ass hit the mat, and the pain from that lip set in.

He got fuckin blitzkrieg bopped boys

man how shit would you feel to get KO'ed (not really a KO but fair enough stoppage) in the last 5 seconds after 25 minutes

reem on suicide watch

As bad as the stoppage was, it's Overeem's fault for allowing himself to gas and get smoked in the final seconds of the fight.

While I wouldn't have been upset if Dan hadn't called it there, we would've seen the guy truly go to sleep with one more punch and that chunk of lip flying across the octagon.

What sucks is that now this bigi bum has a win over Overeem after this crap.

Reem is lucky his head didnt fully whip back and hit the canvas. The fence saved him from being completely KTFO because he fell in a sitting position. Thats why he still had some equilibrium. He was legit KOd.

Knockdown doesn’t = KO

lol youre retarded.

Reem fell in sitting position because the fence saved his head from the full whiplash he would have had if there as no fence there. No doubt he would have been fully KTFO if his head whipped back and the back of the head hit the mat. The way he fell had a lot to do with how fast he got up but for a brief second BUT he was knocked out.

that’s relatively quick. I don’t care if his legs are wobbly they should be he just ate a bomb and stood up. If he was able to grab a single and hold on he wins the fight but his opponent was walking away.

"Walking away KOs" look cool, but I'd rather have the guy at least motion like he was going for another punch, to get the ref to react quicker.
It would look way more decisive a victory than here, where, it looked like a bad TKO, since Overeem was obviously conscious, going for his leg as he walked away...

I hope he'll hang them up now, Overeem had a insanely long MMA career and was also at the very top of the sport in kickboxing... he's famous in Europe, in Japan, in the US, he could work as a coach anywhere, or other jobs maybe in the UFC, and be a part of the MMA world for a long time.

He was fucked up big time. I would assume if he wasn't knocked out he would've grabbed the single leg right in front of him.

man how shit would you feel to get KO'ed (not really a KO but fair enough stoppage) in the last 5 seconds after 25 minutes

reem on suicide watch

Especially considering that he had a great game plan coming in and was easily up on the cards.

Back