• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When Is a Knockdown a Knockout?
CarelessLittleAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

(h/t KazDibiase)

"Rozenstruik comes at him, throws a left straight and puts everything he has for one enormous right hand. The punch that sends Overeem crashing against the cage wall, where he falls over. Rozenstruik walks away, and Miragliotta does not halt the fight. Overeem stands up and stumbles along the fence, leading Miragliotta to call the fight with mere seconds left."

Round 5
4:56

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/U...truik-PlaybyPlay-Results-Round-Scoring-167215

"A knockdown occurs when a fighter touches the floor . . . with any part of the body other than the feet following a hit, but is able to rise back up and continue fighting." (Boxing)

"A flash knockdown is a knockdown where the fighter hits the canvas but recovers quickly enough that a count is not started." (Boxing)

Last edited:
Perfect stoppage! He could have landed a shot to really seal it but no point. Reem was out of it.

Perfect stoppage! He could have landed a shot to really seal it but no point. Reem was out of it.
LOL WHAT

he fucking walked away. Mirgliotta SAW HIM WALK AWAY.

The correct move would have been to let the fight keep going. LIke there's no debate.

Horrible stoppage, he fell and got up, by the time he would have scrambled bell would have rang.

LOL WHAT

he fucking walked away. Mirgliotta SAW HIM WALK AWAY.

The correct move would have been to let the fight keep going. LIke there's no debate.

Reem was out of it.

Dude was running to his right when the fight was stopped. Looked drunk. The fact that people really believe the stoppage was early shows why refs should allow fighters to murder each other. If a guy isn't completely done on the floor retarded sack lickers will always try to discredit the win.

It was both good and bad.

It was good because Overeem was done.

It was bad because of the way Miragliotta stopped it. He didn't wave it off immediately. Instead, he let Overeem get up and regain his composure, then waved it off.

Dan fucks up too much. He needs to be fired or relegated to less important fights only.

he was out for brief second and rozenstruik could have easily landed another but i tend to side with letting guys have a chance to continue so i say it was somwhere between "okay" and "bad" but whatever.

Also I thought fight was actually quite close, not nearly as lopsided as the announcers or the scorecards indicated.

Horrible stoppage, he fell and got up, by the time he would have scrambled bell would have rang.

There is gonna be debating over this one. Too bad Rozen didn't crack Reem one more time to make it definitive. Then there would be no debate. Reem was out of it though.

I'm pretty sure there was less than 4 seconds left when the ref finally decided to make a gesture with his hands to stop the fight.

There is absolutely NO way that fight would've gone so much as a second longer after anyone got a good look at that cut

Remember Bisping vs Anderson? You dont let the fighter stop the fight himself.

It was good stopage.. I mean, if Rozenstruik had followed up with punch or two,owereem wouldnt be able to get back even on his woobly feet, let alone continue.

God forbid. The next shot would have killed Overeem. The ref saved Overeem from not being able to kiss his wife again.
Overeem was 100% open for the next bomb.

Lmfao Overeem's face literally looks like he caught a shotgun slug to the mouth and people are voting terrible stoppage.

B5zPKEXFvLs

B5zPKEXFvLs

It's the worst stoppage I've ever seen. A steaming pile.

Reem fanboys will obviously cry about it but he was fuckin done boys.

The fact he woke back up upon hitting the ground means nothing

Dan was about 10ft too far away... it’s evident he was very much not expecting anything violent to happen. Look how much ground he had to cover.

Seemed off to me.

That aside, stoppage was correct, Rosen had the KO and Reem was done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back