Fighters Who Miss Weight Should Be Shamed

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And i'm not talking about missing the mark by 0.5 - 1 pound. Sometimes shit happens.

I mean fighters who go in 4-5 + pounds over the limit.

Like Dern did coming in 7 pounds over the limit

350c2a99ea7130a807240342597a9a58

Or like Cavillo just did coming in 4.5 pounds over the limit.

When you're a professional fighter and fight on average 2 times a year, this shit is unacceptable. You only have one job and it's to make weight.

Thoughts Sherbros?

If you come in that far over you basically did not try

Of course. Also, missing weight twice should result in a lifetime ban from the weight category.

Yep and then they always use the weight advantage for wrestling.

It's an absolute joke

What about guys like Gastelum and DC who have clearly cheated to make weight

if you miss by more than a pound or two, you should forfeit your entire purse to the other fighter.

And you believe they will still fight?
who cares. let them get dropped from the roster then.

i agree with TS, anyone missing by a lot should be severely bitchslapped.

You know how when you got caught smoking as a teen your dad would make you smoke the whole pack until you threw up. You should be made to eat non stop until the fight so you come in sick.

And i'm not talking about missing the mark by 0.5 - 1 pound. Sometimes shit happens.

I mean fighters who go in 4-5 + pounds over the limit.

Like Dern did coming in 7 pounds over the limit

350c2a99ea7130a807240342597a9a58

Or like Cavillo just did coming in 4.5 pounds over the limit.

When you're a professional fighter and fight on average 2 times a year, this shit is unacceptable. You only have one job and it's to make weight.
She's a 115 pound figher. 4.5 pounds is huge for that weight class. For welterweight that is almost 7 pounds.

Thoughts Sherbros?

The % of purse forfeited to their opponent should increase if you miss by a large amount. eg. 30% for missing by over 2.5 lbs 40% over 5 lbs.

They should also start giving a % of a fighter's purse to their opponent if they test positive and it's discovered after the fight's taken place. I think it should be at least 50%

Of course. Also, missing weight twice should result in a lifetime ban from the weight category.

What? When did he miss weight by 7 pounds twice?

Back