Affliction Arlovski. Never came back.

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
So, when Fedor fought ARlovski and Tim Sylvia, unlike what Zuffa zombies say, they were both top 5 heavyweights in the world. Tim i think number 4 and ARlovski number 2, but I might be getting it mixed up. I guess that happened more than a decade ago and all.

Arlovski looked really sharp in that fight against Fedor. And he looked like a broken man in his video after his loss.

He got finished both by Overeem and the guy he's fighting today, but it makes me wonder about THAT Arlovski.

ARlovski used to be this beast, but in that fight, he was a BEAST AND technical, before he lost his head.

He was pretty impressive in that fight, impressive enough to still be impressed 10 more years later.

The difference is sauce. He aint got the sauce anymore. USADA messing everyones careers up.

Arlovski once got KTFO by Tim Sylvia, and that was before the Fedor fight. That dude has probably had more mini resurgences than any fighter. He has seemed done like multiple times in his career and then he just wins a few fights.

giphy.gif

GiantLimpingFirefly-size_restricted.gif

Arlovski once got KTFO by Tim Sylvia, and that was before the Fedor fight. That dude has probably had more mini resurgences than any fighter. He has seemed done like multiple times in his career and then he just wins a few fights.

Tim used to be real good too. But that Arlovski was different.

And Arlovski got KO’d by Datsik way before that.

He was done as a top guy after getting knocked out by Fedor, Rogers and Sergei.

He had a brief resurgence that was more the division being bad, than him being "back". But even that is long past, and he is out there to spar now.

Arlovski is one of my favorite fighters yet he lost his magic/mojo in the second Arlovski-Big Tim fight. Long before the Fedor-Arlovski fight was when he (Arlovski) lost his mojo, nothing against Fedor.

Everything up until Arlovski-Big Tim II was A-pex Arlovski and then he never fully recovered.

Last edited:
Up until that point Timmy and Sylvia were HW all time top three goat in most ufc fans opinion

So, when Fedor fought ARlovski and Tim Sylvia, unlike what Zuffa zombies say, they were both top 5 heavyweights in the world. Tim i think number 4 and ARlovski number 2, but I might be getting it mixed up. I guess that happened more than a decade ago and all.

Arlovski looked really sharp in that fight against Fedor. And he looked like a broken man in his video after his loss.

He got finished both by Overeem and the guy he's fighting today, but it makes me wonder about THAT Arlovski.

ARlovski used to be this beast, but in that fight, he was a BEAST AND technical, before he lost his head.

He was pretty impressive in that fight, impressive enough to still be impressed 10 more years later.
I wish I could find the thread I posted in from a real long time ago, but it basically showed in slow motion that Arlovski gave the illusion of looking good without actually landing anything significant. Everyone thought he looked extremely good, but watching replays showed he landed almost nothing against Fedor.

I wish I could find the thread I posted in from a real long time ago, but it basically showed in slow motion that Arlovski gave the illusion of looking good without actually landing anything significant. Everyone thought he looked extremely good, but watching replays showed he landed almost nothing against Fedor.
I think Jack Slack did a breakdown of that fight and mentioned that.

He traded his punching power for his chin repair. The JBG disapproved but he made a deal with the devil

\yeah i know. But still looked extremely sharp. Fedor was most elusive guy once in the past.

Arlovski has been fighting for 2 decades.

I swear, people expect these fighters to not hit their primes until their 40s these days lol

People forget Sylvia was beating Big Nog the entire fight. Then like a dweeb he gave it all away in the last round.

That was his worst loss imo.

Arlovski's prime was when he was in the UFC. According to Pride widows, Sylvia was a complete bum his entire career. Then the moment he signed to fight Fedor he instantly became a fully fledged killer.

Afflication AA was extremely sharp and fast, boxing with Roach.
That AA is a top 3 HW today, KOs both Reem and Bigi, puts a beating on DC, but probably loses to Stipe.

Yeah I know what you mean TS.

From my observations when Arlovski left his original team he came up with his boxing never looked as clean and as sharp as it did in the days he was beating Sylvia, Buentello etc.

His boxing looked crisp against Fedor and I believe he was with Freddie Roach for that fight.

I’m not sure who he was with when he fought Sergei, but Sergei has a fire hydrant for a head, sits down on all his punches and just walked through Arlovski’s power and put him out bad.

Then afterwards when he joined Jackson’s I personally thought his hands never looked as good as they once did in his previous fights. Even when he had that resurgence. As well as training videos of him hitting the focus mitts it didn’t have the same speed, power, and straight line velocity of his hey day’s as UFC champ.

Back