Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
- Dec 7th interview
- no solid booking yet
- he's training and expecting to get an opponent between January and March
- feels he'll likely get a top-10 opponent this time
- his sparring sessions with Khabib are competitive

Barboza makes sense to me, a Barboza fight is like a rite of passage if you want to be a top LW.

Allah bless our unbeaten Khabib.

images

Barboza makes sense to me, a Barboza fight is like a rite of passage if you want to be a top LW.
It’s not that Islam won’t take the fight it’s that Islam isn’t rated high enough for how hard of a fight he is. It’s the same reason khabib had a tough time until he got the belt

No it doesnt,he will get ragdolled.Barboza is a gatekeeper at this point.

He's always been a gatekeeper, that's the point of fighting him. He'd still be Islam's best victory by a decent margin.

Here's the top 10 ranked contenders. Of them five don't have fights booked: Edson, Al, Fighter Kevin, Dustin and Justin.

20191207_134356.jpg 20191207_134410.jpg

Islam vs lee would be incredible

He might be the best LW in the world but the UFC is keeping him on a string because he wont fight Khabib and they dont want him killing off all contenders. Shame

In before Islam v nick lentz 2 announced

I know he wants a top 10 fight but I like him v Charles Olivera

Hopefully he will face a top 10 like Iaquinta or TFKL.

And 11-15 in case the top 10 duck Islam and/or if the UFC doesnt want to matchmake from that list yet.

20191207_135233.jpg

Always looking forward to Islam's next fight.

Gregor matchup isn’t a bad idea

That would be a fun match, but after the Fighter Kevin bout Gregor got a 90 day suspension so that puts him to February...does the suspension mean no training for 90 days or just no fight for 90 days? If it means no training then the timing probably won't work.

Unless Dustin or Justin fights Fighter Kevin soon I dont see a reason for him not to fight Islam.

This is the most avoided athlete currently in MMA.

NOBODY in the top 10 wants any part of him....I would be really nice if Kevin Lee steps up. I feel Lee is a true competitor and when he says he wants to fight Islam, I honestly believe him.

That would be a fun match, but after the Fighter Kevin bout Gregor got a 90 day suspension so that puts him to February...does the suspension mean no training for 90 days or just no fight for 90 days? If it means no training then the timing probably won't work.

Unless Dustin or Justin fights Fighter Kevin soon I dont see a reason for him not to fight Islam.
Idk but Islam wanted to be on the khabib card so it would work either way

This is the most avoided athlete currently in MMA.

NOBODY in the top 10 wants any part of him....I would be really nice if Kevin Lee steps up. I feel Lee is a true competitor and when he says he wants to fight Islam, I honestly believe him.

Fake news

Arman tsarukyan has been trying to get a fight for 2 months now

He might be the best LW in the world but the UFC is keeping him on a string because he wont fight Khabib and they dont want him killing off all contenders. Shame

After beating Ferguson I wouldnt be surprised if Khabib threatens to retire unless UFC finally gives Islam a top 10 opponent.

Back