Overeem has 63 MMA fights and 14 kick boxing matches

nanika

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
and he’s not even 40. Like the guy or not that is a lot of fights. Won’t see these fight numbers on any of the newer guys.

He's been very resilient considering the battles he's had

Jairzinho Rozenstruik has 9 MMA fights and 85 kickboxing matches. He's 31.

1. Who doesn’t like Overeem?

2. Izzy has 80 kickboxing fights, 6 boxing fights and 18 MMA fights he’s 30

Travis Fulton has 320 mma fights and 65 boxing matches a d hes only 42. What are we doing here? Oh and a combined 36 knockout losses.

Jeremy Horn has 1,811 mma fights and he's 44.
But the question is... At what cost?
giphy.gif

Jairzinho Rozenstruik has 9 MMA fights and 85 kickboxing matches. He's 31.

Yeah that surprised me, I didnt know he had that many kickboxing fights.

Wikipedia has the results of only 29 listed.

Mirko has 52 mma fights and at least 34 kickboxing fights.

His debut in mma came against Fujita and first recorded kickboxing fight against Le Banner.

And he won both.

Overeem is the heavyweight GOAT. MMA fans seriously underestimate longevity. Overeem has excelled through different eras and has boatload of victories against top competition. He proved himself against the best of Pride, Strikeforce and UFC, something no-one else in HW MMA can say.

Only thing lacking is a UFC belt and if he wins that we're talking about certified GOATdom.

Extremely foolish imo. Hes made a shit ton of money. Needs to hang them up. His family should have the rogan talk with him

Overeem is the heavyweight GOAT. MMA fans seriously underestimate longevity. Overeem has excelled through different eras and has boatload of victories against top competition. He proved himself against the best of Pride, Strikeforce and UFC, something no-one else in HW MMA can say.

Only thing lacking is a UFC belt and if he wins that we're talking about certified GOATdom.
Let's calm down....no UFC belt, absolutely astonishing amounts of steroids, and hes been knocked out like 16 times, every 2 or 3 fights. GOAT? lmao!

Yeah, he has a lot of experience.

He's no GOAT though. And I think he loses tonight, he doesn't have that hunger and he can't take a good hit.

Let's calm down....no UFC belt, absolutely astonishing amounts of steroids, and hes been knocked out like 16 times, every 2 or 3 fights. GOAT? lmao!
Everyone in heavyweight loses though. You win some, you lose some. But no one has as good and diverse resume as he does. Two or three good wins don't get you there (Stipe, Cormier). Beating up bums doesn't take you there (Fedor). It takes 15+ years of domination. LeBron didn't catch MJ after his first two or three years, it took well over a decade of sustained success. Luka will take a while to dethrone them, too.

For some reason MMA fans don't appreciate longevity though. Overeem has the prime, the peak (Ubereem) and the longevty.

Level of competition means something lad
This makes so sense whatsoever. What did I say that had anything to do with level of competition? hes an ultimate can crusher and claim to fame is his high level of fights and the Jeremy Bullock slam. Again what is your point lad?

This makes so sense whatsoever. What did I say that had anything to do with level of competition? hes an ultimate can crusher and claim to fame is his high level of fights and the Jeremy Bullock slam. Again what is your point lad?
the point is Overeem's longevity is slept on. He's fought a ton of fights over a lot of years and is still doing it at the highest level.

Seems quite evident what we are discussing. I'm still curious as to what your point was

Back