Does Darren who fought Kelvin beats Tyron?

Kyle Stephens

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know the timing of this thread is not right, but I never thought of this at the time of the Kelvin fight. But really, guys - does the version of Till that fought Gastelum has not just good chances vs Woodley, does he outright beats him?
I was one of these guys who expected Till to be the next welterweight champ. I didn't see him blowing Tyron out the water, what I expected is actually what he showed vs Gastelum! A conservative effort, smart fighting and a clean 50-45, maybe lose a round if Woodley manages to rock him with some of his blitzes or something. We have to agree that Darren's cardio would not have been that great back @ WW, but the other parts of what he did to Kelvin would be very effective vs Woodley.

Woodley could fight at 170 and Till could weigh in at 185 and Woodley still gets it done.

He would definitely land more than 1 strike
upload_2019-12-7_13-17-11.png

Fuck no. He was timid the whole way through with Gas.

Till vs Woodley 2 would look much like #1.

I think the better does question is if does Darren does Kelvin does Tyron then does racism?

Ya smell me?

I think that win was more a product of Gastelum being gunshy after the beating he took at the hands of Adesanya.

I had a feeling that he'd either be really chinny or really hesitant following that war; I guess we found out which.

The most impressive thing about that fight was how badly Kelvin regressed from the Izzy fight. Till barely did jack shit but that was more than fat boy did.

I think Gastelum thought he would touch him and put him to sleep. I think he took Till very lightly. Woodley is a bad style matchup for Till. I think as long as Woodley isn't washed up he beats Till pretty easy.

Lol. Till is a bust, one pathetic point fighting performance against Gastelum and now we’re supposed to forget that Tyron EPICALLY outclassed him.

Woodley would slap him silly again.

SizzlingSerpentineCockroach-size_restricted.gif

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!??!??!?!?!??!??!??!?

Till fought Gastelum in the most absolute safest way possible ever in MMA.
You gotta be joking if you think he beats Woodley like that.

I would not intervene in the thread, want to just scoop your opinions on this question.

But I will just add this and leave:
Till was not giving Kelvin anything to work with. He was throwing only the safest shit he could think of and negating any dangerous attacks of Kelvin. Woodley is very passive and very gunshy, not to mention he has just a fast blitz right hand, unlike Kelvin who uses his both hands and have headmovement inside the pocket and some other tools that Woodly doesn't. This is my reasoning to think Till would probably win if he fights Woodly again, but with the caveat he fights him exactly how he fought Kelvin.

Woodley by Sub gave me my first betting victory since Godly Goat tatts won via DQ.

Imagine point-fighting against Tyron Woodley gets you anywhere. Remember when Wonderboy tried to do this?

Hard to do what Till did to Gastelum over 5 rounds. And on top of that, Woodley is way better wrestler than Gastelum, so initiating the clinch against Woodley wouldn't yield the same success. I think he would get caught like the first fight, or lose a very boring decision like Wonderboy did against Woodley

Back