Yana Kunitskaya and Thiago Santos

Jones vs. Santos 2

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
8083366.jpg

Yana Kunitskaya believes her boyfriend, Thiago Santos, should be the UFC’s light heavyweight champion right now. Back in July at UFC 239, Santos took on Jon Jones. Many thought it would be an easy fight for the champion “Bones.” Yet, that is far from what happened, as Jones barely edged out a split-decision. Some, including Kunitskaya, thought Santos did enough to win.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F1154259161%2F960x0.jpg%3FcropX1%3D491%26cropX2%3D4270%26cropY1%3D247%26cropY2%3D2373

“I don’t like to think like what if this happened or that,” Kunitskaya said to BJPENN.com. “What happened, happened, and now he is focused on his recovery and getting another title shot again. I believe everything happens for a reason. Who knows what happens if his knee [isn't] injured. I believe he won this fight even with the injury. I’m very proud of him.”

960x0.jpg

Since the fight, Santos has been recovering at the Performance Institute, and Kunitskaya has been his rock. He made a post on social media crediting the seventh-ranked bantamweight for helping him in his recovery. She says she’s doing everything she can to help him.

80f16d74-00ba-41a1-bb4b-44fda05ffe27-USATSI_13012976.jpg

“Yeah, especially mentally. He used to fight a lot; now he has big breaks. So the hardest part is mental. He is better; his recovery is good; he is holding pads for me in training. It is much easier now.”

thiago-santos-1.jpg

Yana Kunitskaya is preparing for her own fight against Aspen Ladd. Thiago Santos has been right by her side throughout this camp. She says he has been helping her in training and with her weight cut.

78349141_10158019895164479_5350883253374943232_o.png

After her fight, all the attention will back to Santos and getting him healthy for another title shot.

ufc-jones-santos.jpg

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...s-beat-jon-jones-hopes-for-immediate-rematch/

Last edited:
He did not win the fight against Jones, hence not being champion. When you fail to win during regulation time, 3 idiots will judge who won the fight. This time the idiots were right. Thiago lost. She should stfu.

I hate Jon, I think everyone who is right in the head does but I did think he won rounds 2, 3 and 4. But I'd definitely be interested in a rematch.

He did not win the fight against Jones, hence not being champion. When you fail to win during regulation time, 3 idiots will judge who won the fight. This time the idiots were right. Thiago lost. She should stfu.

A split decision, she can't be that far off base....very close fight.

I would watch. But unfortunately I think Jon beats him. Where Thiago will come in with a similar gameplan Jon will adapt and prepare for this and then put him away.

8083366.jpg

Yana Kunitskaya believes her boyfriend, Thiago Santos, should be the UFC’s light heavyweight champion right now. Back in July at UFC 239, Santos took on Jon Jones. Many thought it would be an easy fight for the champion “Bones.” Yet, that is far from what happened, as Jones barely edged out a split-decision. Some, including Kunitskaya, thought Santos did enough to win.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F1154259161%2F960x0.jpg%3FcropX1%3D491%26cropX2%3D4270%26cropY1%3D247%26cropY2%3D2373

“I don’t like to think like what if this happened or that,” Kunitskaya said to BJPENN.com. “What happened, happened, and now he is focused on his recovery and getting another title shot again. I believe everything happens for a reason. Who knows what happens if his knee [isn't] injured. I believe he won this fight even with the injury. I’m very proud of him.”

960x0.jpg

Since the fight, Santos has been recovering at the Performance Institute, and Kunitskaya has been his rock. He made a post on social media crediting the seventh-ranked bantamweight for helping him in his recovery. She says she’s doing everything she can to help him.

80f16d74-00ba-41a1-bb4b-44fda05ffe27-USATSI_13012976.jpg

“Yeah, especially mentally. He used to fight a lot; now he has big breaks. So the hardest part is mental. He is better; his recovery is good; he is holding pads for me in training. It is much easier now.”

thiago-santos-1.jpg

Yana Kunitskaya is preparing for her own fight against Aspen Ladd. Thiago Santos has been right by her side throughout this camp. She says he has been helping her in training and with her weight cut.

78349141_10158019895164479_5350883253374943232_o.png

After her fight, all the attention will back to Santos and getting him healthy for another title shot.

ufc-jones-santos.jpg

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...s-beat-jon-jones-hopes-for-immediate-rematch/
49-46 Santos

Most of the people who think Santos won that fight are just Jones haters. The fight was boring as hell with neither guy doing much. Jones points fought and Santos sure as hell didn't take the fight to Jones. Viewers all lost that fight.

Fighting the baddest dudes jones not cherry picking unlike alot of champions.
Jon-Jones-head-kicks-Thiago-Santos-at-UFC-239.jpg

12410637_web1_jonesufc239web.jpg

images

I like the deceiving thread title, those always make me laugh.

I thought Thiago had won too but it was a close fight

Rematches don't go too well for Jones' opponents

5c2859e31db089b55d000001.jpeg

824376436.0.jpg

cool hearts TS

<JonesLaugh>

She is in the hotel with this Santos guy. That means she is getting banged - or at the least not sleeping properly. She has a fight tomorrow and she better win this this fight and not mess it up. I bet shit load of cash on her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my experience when you bang you sleep better. Not in your case ?

Back