Tactic for Reem to beat Jairzinho and what's next for him if he does.

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm huge Overeem fan. But I'm worried about him. He had lot of brutal KO losses in his career, he's 40 years old and he looked much slower in his last 2 fights despite KO wins.

Jairzinho is undefeated fighter with scary KO power and world class striking skills. He's relatively young for heavyweight division. My prediction is Rozenstruik knock him out early, but I hope I'm wrong.

If Overeem will try to exchange his looping punches especially hooks like he did against Rothwell or Ngannou then Jairzinho probably knocks him out. Overeem should be patient, wait for the counter and bait him in there.

Double or single leg takedowns attempts are bad idea as well just like being over aggressive. Rozenstruik have speed advantage and he can counter him.

Overeem have size advantage, strength advantage and he's more well rounded. Clinch is the perfect idea because he can use his knees, elbows and take him down from there. Rozenstruik is a striker so Reem is probably superior grappler and his gnp is nasty.

But every fight starts on the feet. So Overeem should avoid wild exchanges with him and dont become stationary target next to the fence like he does sometimes.

Reem have the highest strikes accuracy so he should use his kicks and switch stances like he did against JDS.

If Overeem wins this one he will (and he should) call out Ngannou because only this victory will guarantee him title shot. I know its even more dangerous fight than Jairzinho however if he wants title shot its the only opportunity.

Overeem should use tactics he used against Struve or most recently Pavlovich and gnp him into dream lands

If he's smart he goes to the ground and beats him. What a great card today, 3 Dutchies on the main card <Moves>

No disrespect to Rozenstruik but world class striking skill? Him being a kickboxer doesnt make him a world class striker. Name 5 world class kickboxers he has beaten?

I think Overeem will pick shots carefully, hopefully use his awesome top game and clinch striking. I think he can win as long as he avoids wild exchanges.

I bet 70 on reem at -200.

Rozenstruiks body of work speaks for itself, it’s like asking what world class kickboxers Adesanya beat..

Same way Overeem beat that Russian tho

I'm huge Overeem fan. But I'm worried about him. He had lot of brutal KO losses in his career, he's 40 years old and he looked much slower in his last 2 fights despite KO wins.

Jairzinho is undefeated fighter with scary KO power and world class striking skills. He's relatively young for heavyweight division. My prediction is Rozenstruik knock him out early, but I hope I'm wrong.

If Overeem will try to exchange his looping punches especially hooks like he did against Rothwell or Ngannou then Jairzinho probably knocks him out. Overeem should be patient, wait for the counter and bait him in there.

Double or single leg takedowns attempts are bad idea as well just like being over aggressive. Rozenstruik have speed advantage and he can counter him.

Overeem have size advantage, strength advantage and he's more well rounded. Clinch is the perfect idea because he can use his knees, elbows and take him down from there. Rozenstruik is a striker so Reem is probably superior grappler and his gnp is nasty.

But every fight starts on the feet. So Overeem should avoid wild exchanges with him and dont become stationary target next to the fence like he does sometimes.

Reem have the highest strikes accuracy so he should use his kicks and switch stances like he did against JDS.

If Overeem wins this one he will (and he should) call out Ngannou because only this victory will guarantee him title shot. I know its even more dangerous fight than Jairzinho however if he wants title shot its the only opportunity.

Overeem is obviously going to be on his bike, pick his shots and want to take the guy down.

No disrespect to Rozenstruik but world class striking skill? Him being a kickboxer doesnt make him a world class striker. Name 5 world class kickboxers he has beaten?

He didnt, but his striking is very high level. His performances in UFC were very impressive. I know he beat Albini, Crowder and +40 y.o. Arlovski, but he finished them all on the feet.

Reem shouldnt clinch he needs to shoot, when Albini shot Jair had no answer, if Reem tries to clinch he's gonna get hurt like vs Hunt

I've always liked Overeem. The guy comes to fight, win or lose. You have to respect that on some level. I'd like to see him retire on a high note, but I'm never surprised to see him ko'd.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if he could take what he can dish out, he'd probably be retired by now and he would've been undefeated.

Overeem is easily one of the most skilled mma fighters to ever do it. He just doesn't take punishment that well.

Tactic for Reem to beat Jairzinho...
protective-man-protection-sandro-gif-8476393.gif

...and what's next for him if he does.
giphy.gif

wwe-beer-cans-chug-gif-3558425.gif

Last edited:
Reems opponent looks really deadly but at the same time hes very green. And he doesnt have a massive size advantage the way ngannou did (i bring this up because ngannou was also green)

I see reem taking this guy down and putting on a clinic. But I'm hoping new blood can find a way to get it done

From what I remember Jarzinho was extremely calm on the ground when taken there, took no punishment and found a way back to the feet somewhat quickly.

I don't know where Reem goes.

Maybe kicks to the flank and covering up like he never wants to take a head shot.

Rozenstruik almost got finished on the ground by the Diaper King.

Reem needs to do what he did against Brett Rogers....Toss to ground. GNP. GG.

Back