Cejudo is not active enough for a champ champ. (strip him if he doesnt defend against Benavidez)

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Regardless of the fact he fucked guys like him in high school(Cejudo's own words), Joeseph still holds a win over him!

There is no way around this. Since he can't avenge the MM loss, he has to do this. I know Tripple C improved. But this loss wasn't that far back. It wasn't even before his title shot against MM.

Like it or not, Joseph still holds that win over the FlyBantam champchamp, AND HE HAS TO AVENGE IT.

This thread is more about Cejudo holding these belts hostage and putting them in diapers on twitter videos.
He promised to defend them, but so far well over a year passed and he only did 2 fights at one weight class. if it was atleast 3(2 and 1 in each) It would be fine, but nope.

Idk why Joseph isn't spamming this fact yet. There were some talks about it for early next year but then he started mentioning Aldo instead.

They should do that every time to all of them.
None of the Champ/Champs have been anywhere near active enough to justify holding up one or sometimes both of their divisions.

Regardless of the fact he fucked guys like him in high school(Cejudo's own words), Joeseph still holds a win over him!

There is no way around this. Since he can't avenge the MM loss, he has to do this. I know Tripple C improved. But this loss wasn't that far back. It wasn't even before his title shot against MM.

Like it or not, Joseph still holds that win over the FlyBantam champchamp, AND HE HAS TO AVENGE IT.

This thread is more about Cejudo holding these belts hostage and putting them in diapers on twitter videos.
He promised to defend them, but so far well over a year passed and he only did 2 fights at one weight class. if it was atleast 3(2 and 1 in each) It would be fine, but nope.

Idk why Joseph isn't spamming this fact yet. There were some talks about it for early next year but then he started mentioning Aldo instead.
Ummm, didn't he defend the FLW belt in January and win the BW belt a few months later?

How exactly is that "well over a year"?

By my calculations he has defended his main belt once this year which is pretty much the average for a UFC Champion and won another one 6 or 7 months ago so him having not defended it yet is also pretty average for a new UFC champion.

Are you sure you thought this out before posting? Lol Not to mention if he defends either belt at least once in the next 8 months he'll be right on track with other " champ champs" (male ones anyway) and if he defends his original belt at all he will be the only "champ champ" to ever do so.

Maybe wait and see what happens by this time next year when it's actually been "well over a year" and then try this thread again.

Last edited:
It has been over a year since he defended his belt at 125 you numb nut. Cejudo won the belt vs MM in Aug 2018. Dec 2019, is well over a year. Then throw in the fact that he doesn't even have a fight booked and it is very much well over a year since he defended his title.

I mean is Cejudo hurt? I know his neck is gonna give out one of these days from the weight of his head, but did it already happen?

Cejudo has been extremely active just not at fw

They should do that every time to all of them.
None of the Champ/Champs have been anywhere near active enough to justify holding up one or sometimes both of their divisions.

They should fight twice as much as a normal champ surely

Can we just take it off him and give JoeB a vacant title shot vs Fig?

champ champ shit is BS, none of them as been active, there are more champ champs than active champs defending their belt against many legit contenders, why ? because it is harder to dfend your belt against many dudes who has been studying your game for years than fight one dude on another weigh class on your agenda on your term etc ..

1. Cejudo is doing us a favor by holding up the putrid FLW division.

2. NOBODY cares about Benavides, he’s already had a dozen title shots and got smacked in all of them.

3. Cejudo should just keep fighting at BW until a real worthy contender comes along FLW.

1. Cejudo is doing us a favor by holding up the putrid FLW division.

2. NOBODY cares about Benavides, he’s already had a dozen title shots and got smacked in all of them.

3. Cejudo should just keep fighting at BW until a real worthy contender comes along FLW.
1. No, no he's not.
2. You don't. Speak for yourself. Also he has a win over current champ.
3. He's got plenty. He could literally toss a stone and hit one of them. Sterling before he got injured was next in line, Yan, sandhagen, assunciao with a win etc.
Flw doesn't suck the promotion sucks. Why would I want to see some 40 year old clumsy ass guys throw garbage at each other for fifteen minutes hoping and praying something lands, as opposed to slick, fast fighters with perfect technique. Cejudo is fucking up the ufc with his shtick he owes Benavidez a rematch. We can't have another conor situation all over again.

I think the champ champ stuff is nonsense. If they're gonna do the super fights between title holders in different divisions, they should just call it that...a super fight. Both fighters should pick the weight class they're staying at BEFORE the fight so they can have it in writing. They should have to vacate the belt they don't intend to defend, and they should be forced to just pick one.

Most champions fight once or twice a year. That's not enough to keep 2 divisions busy.

Benevidas is lucky he even has a division.

He won that fight against Joe and lost to Dj or drawed him at best. Both fights were close and could have been a draw.

He flat out said he has no intention of cutting back to FLW to fight joe B

guy went from “saving the flyweight division” to holding up the division and making people forget it existed

I’m almost positive it’s just gonna get abolished at this point

Back