Joshua getting $100 million: MMA is the A - class sport with C - level money

TheMaster

Take The Road To Reality
@red
Reaction score
Dana and co need to go, it is a joke at this point the MMA vs boxing pay disparity considering how much the big UFC shows make and the buyrate even eclipsing boxing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/b...es-staggering-fee-Saudi-rematch-Ruiz-Jnr.html

I'm tired of seeing that fat boxercise coach paying himself all of what should be going to the top fighters.

MMA fighters are losing the financial fight badly, they are treated like human circus animals and paid a pittance for their committment.

B-b-but the reebok bonuses..

<31><31><31><31>

Inb4 the corporate shills

Reebok pay and backroom bonuses. UFC guys are doing fine.

I am sure there are only a few boxers who makes more than 1 million for a fight

Easier to build stars in boxing. More guys who are actually undefeated. I'm sure Jones and Khabib are doing fine money wise.

It is what it is.

mma is never really gonna take off with Dana as president, as long as fighters are getting payed peanuts, why the fuck would some collage athlete want to get punched and kicked in the face for peanuts when he can play basketball or football and even if he's sitting on the bench he's making more money the the top guys in the UFC, its fucking ridiculous

You'd be incredibly surprised. Any decent moderately recognizable name fighter, especially those holding any of the various alphabet soup belts, will almost assuredly have solid management to negotiate a decent piece of the pie.

A lot more money floating around because it's not all under one umbrella like UFC. Theres young up n comers in their 20s making millions per fight.

Dana and co need to go, it is a joke at this point the MMA vs boxing pay disparity considering how much the big UFC shows make and the buyrate even eclipsing boxing.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/b...es-staggering-fee-Saudi-rematch-Ruiz-Jnr.html

I'm tired of seeing that fat boxercise coach paying himself all of what should be going to the top fighters.

MMA fighters are losing the financial fight badly, they are treated like human circus animals and paid a pittance for their committment.
The big difference between how Boxing runs its PPV model and how the UFC does is the UFC has their main event but they bolster that with big undercards and hype and sell the event as a whole.

Boxing sells the main event and the main event only.

Worldwide Boxing is still much bigger than MMA and have huge lucrative broadcasting deals, they only do PPV for the really big fights and it's being fazed out more and more but imagine if they put out stacked cards and modeled their events similarly to the UFC model, imagine the numbers a card like this would do.
Mayweather vs Spence
Wilder vs Fury
Canelo vs GGG
Lopez vs Garcia
Maidana vs Porter

But ultimately they don't have to do that because PPV isn't their biggest source of revenue.

PPV is only a thing in North America also though so using PPV numbers as proof MMA is bigger than Boxing isn't really accurate, it only shows MMA may currently be more popular in North America.

there's actually quite many, even when they aren't household names. there are a lot of fighters who no one outside of real boxing fans has even heard of, and they're making a million per fight.

mma is never really gonna take off with Dana as president, as long as fighters are getting payed peanuts, why the fuck would some collage athlete want to get punched and kicked in the face for peanuts when he can play basketball or football and even if he's sitting on the bench he's making more money the the top guys in the UFC, its fucking ridiculous

It's funny that you think Dana just decides the salary of every fighter. He's a figurehead and just does the bidding of the owners, as he did with the ferrititas and now for the Ari Emanuel's of the world and other WME/Endeavor shareholders. If the people at the very top really wanted fighters to be paid hire wages and thought it would be better for the sport and business in the long run, Dana wouldn't do shit to stop it.

Not at all a dana apologist but I don't think you guys understand how this thing really works.

Why don't fighters just go to Bellator if the pay is so bad? If Bellator gave fighters a % cut instead of a flat fee, and if enough big names moved to Bellator, and if Bellator sold a PPV for cheaper than the UFC, you'd think they would start to seriously compete.

There must be something else afoot. Maybe the money comes from the UFC brand itself, which makes the fighters have less pull since outside options aren't as lucrative.

there's actually quite many, even when they aren't household names. there are a lot of fighters who no one outside of real boxing fans has even heard of, and they're making a million per fight.
If not fighting for title I dont think there are too much especially at lighter weights

You'd be incredibly surprised. Any decent moderately recognizable name fighter, especially those holding any of the various alphabet soup belts, will almost assuredly have solid management to negotiate a decent piece of the pie.

A lot more money floating around because it's not all under one umbrella like UFC. Theres young up n comers in their 20s making millions per fight.
You're correct with this but its not because its not all under one umbrella, it's because it's not under one promoter (who does as little actual promoting of the fighters as possible and focuses more on promoting the brand).

You could get rid if all the other sanctioning bodies and have it all under the WBC (which is really the only belt that matters anyway since they have almost all the lineal titles) but as long as the fighters can have their promoters negotiating the terms of every match to gain maximum value instead of signing multi fight contracts everything will remain the same.

There's more money floating around because it generates more money collectively as a sport and the sanctioning body isn't taking the majority of it (the UFC is essentially the sanctioning body and promoter) and basically using there name recognition in the sport to intimidate the fighters into taking as little as they can possibly get away with to be able to call themselves "UFC fighters" instead of just "MMA fighters".

I feel my train of thought may have lost something between my brain and fingers and what I'm trying to say may not be as clear as I intended but hopefully I made my general point, lol.

Honestly, in my opinion the average sport star gets paid way too much. I would like to see the lower tiers get paid a little more but I don't think any top tier fighter deserves more than a few million for a big fight.

Stop complaining about pay

The UFC stack their cards and that's why it's much better than every boxing card

If they start paying everyone millions? Well the cards will be diluted massively and mma will just turn into boxing

You certainly won't have all these champs and big names fighting under one card

Enjoy it while it lasts, because it's only a matter of time until money ruins mma as well and rival promoters start stealing fighters. Then you have 3 or 4 guys claiming to be the best in the world, but will never fight

you guys realize that without the UFC guys like Jones, Overeem etc. wouldnt even sell 50k PPVs right? IMO the low payment is a good thing, so UFC can incest more in advertisment etc.

but bad for MMA fighters cuz you dont have many options ... bellator/rizin only if you are a draw ... lol.

The thing is, these guys are making Conor vs Khabib 2. I am sure that when/if Conor Khabib 2 is made, they will be getting 20-30 million each too, considering their first ppv sold 2.4 million

Oh yeah, and on that card there will be boxers making 1k per fight while UFC at least pays 50-75k sometimes

@TonyF2020 because most of the boxing undercard fighters are not connected to the main event promote + show/win contracts are illegal in boxing.

Back